Dr. Ed Verrier

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob65

I'm thinking of Dr. Verrier for my straight foreword SAVR and was wondering if he does minimally invasive mini-sternotomys. Lots of people here have used him but it seems like mostly for more complex heart surgeries. Anyone have a mini from him?

Have you a way to talk to him personally. Usually before surgery is performed you will meet with the surgeon to discuss the type of surgery you are facing. Any way you can make a appointment to talk to him before surgery. You need to be proactive and ask the surgeon of what to expect. The surgeon is the best person to ask about of the type of surgery and what to expect. Sorry to be so long winded and repeating myself. Just trying to get you to be proactive. You will be fine once you talk with the surgeon about everything. Hugs for today. :)

Dr Verrier did my first surgery in 2002. Not a mini, just a standard OHS. I thought he was great. For my second OHS in 2009, I chatted with the father in law of of my niece, who is a cardiologist about surgeons. He said (at the time) that Verrier was teaching more than operating and that he would choose Dr. Aldea, also at UWMC who did a lot more surgeries. I can't say if that is still the case or not, but it might be a good question to ask, teaching time vs. surgery time. I ended up choosing Dr. Craig Miller at Stanford. An interesting note, Dr Verrier is an equestrian jumper. I saw him at a event we went to locally to see the daughters of a friend of my wife's.

I have an appointment to see him Dr. Verrier this Thursday. It is a 2 hour drive each way to the Udub medical center so I was hoping someone here knew if he was reluctant to do mini-sternotomys. I've tried asking the medical center directly but they would not give me any indication on whether he does them or not. So guess I'll make the trip and find out. Thanks for the replies.

mainframe;n877581 said:
Dr Verrier did my first surgery in 2002. Not a mini, just a standard OHS. I thought he was great. For my second OHS in 2009, I chatted with the father in law of of my niece, who is a cardiologist about surgeons. He said (at the time) that Verrier was teaching more than operating and that he would choose Dr. Aldea, also at UWMC who did a lot more surgeries. I can't say if that is still the case or not, but it might be a good question to ask, teaching time vs. surgery time. I ended up choosing Dr. Craig Miller at Stanford. An interesting note, Dr Verrier is an equestrian jumper. I saw him at a event we went to locally to see the daughters of a friend of my wife's.

Dr. Aldea will be my second choice but I doubt if I could switch to him at this point. I may head to Swedish for Dr. Barnhart. We'll see.

Back