Double vision

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tom in MO;n886225 said:
Anyway, they take your license, not your car, last time I checked, my car would start w/o a license :)

or they could just make a mountain out of a minor mole hill and you suffer ... An anecdote: my wife went to the doctor occasionally over the course of a few months complaining of headaches and occasionally dizziness. It was diagnosed as stress or migraines (a common issue). Then when she had a few mornings of vomiting the Dr said she may be pregnant (we'd already done the test) ... 2 weeks later she was dead from a brain tumor. So perhaps you'll understand if I don't have a lot of faith in the assessments of Doctors.

Last time I checked you can't drive your car without a license ... or if you do (like some dickheads do) then you put people in danger because there is no insurance (for medical or other things) in case of an accident. While I know that statistically quite a many live in huge cities, there are still a number of us who live in rural areas where no car = no ability to get **** done (like buy food).

Last edited:
pellicle;n886227 said:
or they could just make a mountain out of a minor mole hill and you suffer ... An anecdote: my wife went to the doctor occasionally over the course of a few months complaining of headaches and occasionally dizziness. It was diagnosed as stress or migraines (a common issue). Then when she had a few mornings of vomiting the Dr said she may be pregnant (we'd already done the test) ... 2 weeks later she was dead from a brain tumor. So perhaps you'll understand if I don't have a lot of faith in the assessments of Doctors.

Last time I checked you can't drive your car without a license ... or if you do (like some dickheads do) then you put people in danger because there is no insurance (for medical or other things) in case of an accident. While I know that statistically quite a many live in huge cities, there are still a number of us who live in rural areas where no car = no ability to get **** done (like buy food).

You miss the point. If you are experiencing problems like Paul (i.e. 10-min episodes), your advice to lie to the doctor so you won't jeopardize your driver's license is something I don't agree with. I would want an accurate diagnosis which generally only comes from detailing the severity of the problem.

I also have experienced the double vision thing and the feeling that your eyes are crossed. I also get occular migraines but I had those for years before heart surgery. With the double vision thing, it helps if I close my eyes a moment and relax, then lI open my eyes and look from the right upper corner of my vision to the left lower corner of my vision and then do the opposite. I try not to freak about it. It lasts 30 seconds to a minute, maybe two. I think it has something to do with my eye muscles.

Paul1972
couple of quick questions
  1. did you accurately time the period of visual disturbance (with say a clock or the stopwatch function on your phone)?
  2. have you recently started wearing glasses?
Thanks

Hi Pellicle , yes I had a pretty close estimate of the time periiod as my wife called me amazingly at pretty much the exact time it started . I stayed on the phone till she came to find me and my vision had just about come back to normal when she got to us , it was 10 min . What I keep doing for most of the time was closing my eyes but everytime I opened them I couldn’t focus on anything I feet like my eyes were crossed . I’ve had my eyes tested at opticians yesturday they say there no weak muscles or problems behind back of them . I also seen my gp and she said it prob wasn’t a tia as I could talk and lift my arms , but come back if it happens again and I will refer me to the tia clinic, so that sounds to me as if she wasn’t sure . She said I could of been low heart rate and blood pressure . From personally reading this foram and other stuff I hoping it’s more migraine based as I’m having quite a few since surgery. Regards Paul 1972

Back