Donations Requested

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
Hello VR.org Friends,

We have a $90.00 hosting bill due in two days, and at the first of each month for the cost of having this site on the interwebs.

I will no longer be able to personally afford to make these payments.

If you can assist by making a donation (info in the "DONATE" link at the top of this page) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Hank Eyring

Hank

Thank You so much. I have now received donations to cover the $90.00 hosting bill for April. Thanks to your help we'll be around for at least another 30 days to help folks out... Y'all continue to amaze me with your selflessness.

pellicle

Hank, glad you got the funds.

Hank;n886908 said:
Y'all continue to amaze me with your selflessness.
I don't know why you'd be amazed, all of us spend time here helping for free, some of us spend hours a week helping fellow valvers. So you'd probably expect that.

Pitty you never got back to me in the years gone by when I was offering help. Had you then there would be no need to be worried about finances or technical assistance.

Hank

Thank you everyone. My apologies for not being a better communicator regarding the needs of running this site. Life is so hectic that I am sorry to say that by the time I am able to think about the wellbeing of this community, I am pretty much tapped out.

Is anyone here interested in purchasing the domain names and/or forum from me and taking it over completely? I know the true value is essentially priceless when you factor in the good that can be done and the major portion of my life I have spent keeping this going, but I believe I need to move on. I have received some lowball offers of $2,000 to $6,000 for the domain names, and only one of those parties has said they would keep the forum in place.

If you have a way, and interest, or a dream of running this endeavor on your own and keeping it going for the world, please let me know. I feel in my still clicking heart that it is time for me to step away.

DachsieMom

I don’t have the ability or time to run this outstanding site but just wanted to say thank you for all that you have done. I haven’t found another site that is as useful and helpful, and I wouldn’t be nearly as well informed if it was not for your site. Additionally, there are Facebook pages, but I don’t think you can remain anonymous on those sites.

Reactions: Eva

ottagal

Premium Level User
Hank, I truly hope that someone will be interested in keeping this wonderful site going. I wish I had the money and time to take it over. I am going to pray for a miracle. Thank you for everything you have done for this site. It is like coming home to 'valve family' for me.

Reactions: Eva

ottagal

Premium Level User
Hank;n886919 said:
Thank you everyone. My apologies for not being a better communicator regarding the needs of running this site. Life is so hectic that I am sorry to say that by the time I am able to think about the wellbeing of this community, I am pretty much tapped out.

Is anyone here interested in purchasing the domain names and/or forum from me and taking it over completely? I know the true value is essentially priceless when you factor in the good that can be done and the major portion of my life I have spent keeping this going, but I believe I need to move on. I have received some lowball offers of $2,000 to $6,000 for the domain names, and only one of those parties has said they would keep the forum in place.

If you have a way, and interest, or a dream of running this endeavor on your own and keeping it going for the world, please let me know. I feel in my still clicking heart that it is time for me to step away.
Hank, I wonder if your latest message should be the start of a NEW thread as it is updated information from you.

LondonAndy

Premium Level User
Given that Hank has again explained the other pressures in his life giving rise to a desire to pass on the website to someone new, I would like to pledge US$100 to any new owner towards the purchase costs etc. Given the low number of visitors showing on the site counters, I am not convinced the value is of the order indicated, but equally I am incredibly grateful to have found the site some 4 years ago, which has been a great source of information from a number of generous contributors, and certainly do not want to see Hank lose out in any way.

neo

Hey Hank,

I’d be able to give you what you need to take over the site. I can’t imagine what it would be like without this to check on every week. In time before and after surgery, it has given me so much relief to hear from others and feel that I’m not the only one going through it. My son will also likely need another valve replacement, and I will need this when he is due. I would keep it going, and make improvements to the usability and speed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jmprosser.lab

Wow. That’s freaking amazing, Chad!! Makes me so incredibly happy to read that. I will likely need my surgery in the near future and can’t imagine not having you guys as a resource.

Reactions: neo

ottagal

Premium Level User
neo;n886967 said:
Hey Hank,

I’d be able to give you what you need to take over the site. I can’t imagine what it would be like without this to check on every week. In time before and after surgery, it has given me so much relief to hear from others and feel that I’m not the only one going through it. My son will also likely need another valve replacement, and I will need this when he is due. I would keep it going, and make improvements to the usability and speed as well.

Chad, This is fantastic news! I hope that things work out for you and Hank so that you can take over the reigns to keep this most valuable forum going. It would be a God send. ottagal

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: neo

Hank

ValveReplacement.org Family. The past few days have been filled with challenges and soul searching and ultimately a decision of finality for Michelle and I and ValveReplacement.org. Please do not send any more donations as today we have stepped away from this work of 20 years and the people who helped hundreds of thousands with life's greatest challenge. I was pained to log back into this forum and see the offer from Neo to take over and from others to assist. I have been so consumed with other things that I did not see those messages before other negotiations were finalized. The process was already in motion and it wouldn't have been right to back out of an agreement that I had already made.

I think one member still has monthly donations scheduled. Please stop that transaction.

One person donated $25 this morning and I intend to return that through Paypal.

The new owners of the site have stated that they believe the forum is powerful and that they intend to keep it going. They mentioned moving the knowledge base of content over to an updated platform, but there were no pre-conditions in the transaction which as of 1 hour ago is almost completed.

I will post a new message in a new thread informing members of my departure from this era of our lives. I love you all and am indebted to all of you for your support of my sacrifices over the past 20 years to somehow keep this site alive.

Thank You and as Owner and Operator of this unique place, farewell.