Does anybody know..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbanabba

..what "physiological" incompetence of the mitral valve is? I just got the results of the echo I had 2 weeks post surgery and found this. I'm sure it's nothing unusual, but the terminology is a new one on me and I was curious what the context was. Meanwhile, pulmonary regurg is now TRIVIAL!!! :D

I also had "severely dilated right ventricle with aneurismal RVOT segment" on the pre-surgery echo... I'm hoping now the PV is working OK that the RV will reduce back to size, but will this have an effect on the RVOT? (and is "aneurismal" something I should be concerned about?).

A : )

Hi there, my TOF buddy! :) I just happen to be visiting with my sister in law, who is a heart transplant co-ordinator at a hospital in Seattle, Washington. I ran the term "physiologic incompetence" by her. she says it is another way of saying "trivial". As for your second question, her response was.."time will tell".
I just know that in my experience, the "remodeling" that takes place after the PVR has been done is all beneficial. I hoping you have continued improvement, & no setbacks!

Thanks George... how handy your s-i-l must be! :D Don't know why they couldn't have just said "mild" or "trivial" like they did on all the other valves..! Probably just want to keep me on my toes ;)

Yes, I guess time will be the determining factor on the rest of it. I'll be really interested to see what my Doppler in July shows.

Thanks for finding out for me though.

Hey Anna, my RV was enlarged also before surgery, I had an echo done about 2 or 3 months after surgery and doc. said it had gone down in size and might even return to a normal size?? Time will tell. All of us TOF's were born with a messed up heart, will we ever be normal :D:D
Take care Debbie :) Hey is it any cooler there yet??

It's been crazy weather! After almost frying in the heat, last week it cooled right off and we were all freezing our buns off... now it's starting to warm up again. Hopefully we won't see the same sort of temperatures we had over the heat wave, but Feb/March is always very unpredictable.

All of us TOF's were born with a messed up heart, will we ever be normal :D:D

.......unlikely!!! :D (heh heh heh)

Back