Doctors & Nurses - THANK YOU!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodgy Ticker

Hi all

Here I am at nearly 3 years since my life turned upside down due to my sodding dentist infecting me with Endocarditis, and for some reason I have chosen this moment to say an enormous THANK YOU to all the world’s healthcare givers and doctors and nurses.

I was just remembering when I was first admitted to ER and spent those first few days being checked and tested, because of course the tests for Endo require up to 5 days of development and growth before a positive and definitive diagnosis can be made, and I recall being frustrated when I called for a nurse or a doctor to come, and they didn’t come immediately - some times for quite a while.

But as time went by and I started to properly understand what work really went-on and was occupying their time, the testing, the committee meetings with doctors and nurses to go through each single patient’s file to ascertain the best way to treat and look after the patient, keeping those diagnoses bang up to date to reflect the latest test results, ensuring that the whole team knew of these updates, and on, and on, and on,,,

At THAT point I stopped being impatient, and life sort fo got calmer as a result!

So, apologies for the tardiness, but again - THANK YOU!!

If you care to tell more nurses, try visiting ALLNURSES website. Very active nurse members from world. Interesting perspectives and info, and some bad stories, too.

Last week I had to spend two days in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for appendicitis. Due to COVID-19 protocols, no visitors were allowed either in the Emergency Department or in the hospital, so I was on my own. But the nurses and other staff were so nice and took such good care of me that it wasn't a problem. (I was grateful for my heart surgery experience because it made this time around seem like a breeze. I wasn't frightened and knew much of what to expect.) Good nurses are treasures.

Hi all

Here I am at nearly 3 years since my life turned upside down due to my sodding dentist infecting me with Endocarditis, and for some reason I have chosen this moment to say an enormous THANK YOU to all the world’s healthcare givers and doctors and nurses.

I was just remembering when I was first admitted to ER and spent those first few days being checked and tested, because of course the tests for Endo require up to 5 days of development and growth before a positive and definitive diagnosis can be made, and I recall being frustrated when I called for a nurse or a doctor to come, and they didn’t come immediately - some times for quite a while.

But as time went by and I started to properly understand what work really went-on and was occupying their time, the testing, the committee meetings with doctors and nurses to go through each single patient’s file to ascertain the best way to treat and look after the patient, keeping those diagnoses bang up to date to reflect the latest test results, ensuring that the whole team knew of these updates, and on, and on, and on,,,

At THAT point I stopped being impatient, and life sort fo got calmer as a result!

So, apologies for the tardiness, but again - THANK YOU!!
Uh your dentists did not give you endocarditis, you had infection in your mouth and when he was doing dental work, the infection in your mouth went down to the heart. I will defend the dentists in that area. But am proud of the compliment of the doctors and nurses at the hospital. We have to give them kudos for the work they do under stressful conditions of the hospital administrators(who are only for the money part from the patients they get everyday). Doctors and nurses are so dedicated all over the world, despite that there are a few bad apples. And glad you are less stressed and managing it well.

Uh your dentists did not give you endocarditis, you had infection in your mouth and when he was doing dental work, the infection in your mouth went down to the heart. I will defend the dentists in that area. But am proud of the compliment of the doctors and nurses at the hospital. We have to give them kudos for the work they do under stressful conditions of the hospital administrators(who are only for the money part from the patients they get everyday). Doctors and nurses are so dedicated all over the world, despite that there are a few bad apples. And glad you are less stressed and managing it well.

Actually you are wrong! VERY Wrong.

The hospital ran a number of scans and tests before changing my valves and the scans showed very clearly that the infection came from the join in the crown that my dentist had inserted just a few months beforehand. So when I say that he infected me, it means that he infected me!!

Furthermore, upon reviewing the case notes and scans, the federation of dentists here in France sent a surprise inspection team to investigate the hygiene in the dentists's surgery and were horrified by what they saw, and gave him 2 weeks to get his **** together otherwise he would be struck off the medical register.

So please - no long distance diagnoses of matters beyond you knowledge or control!! It doesn't help anyone.

Latest posts

Back