Doctors just don't care!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Jessica Marie and others

I think I spoke a bit too soon. My husband got a call from Emory two days ago and they want him to come there again for a TEE. He was referred to a cardiologist who is involved with intervention care (I guess that means less invasive, but temporary surgeries). The doctor is going on vacation but said that he wants to see him right away before he goes.

What Jessica Marie said scares me a little. If those treatments don't work, will our lifestyle be miserable forever? I myself have COPD which is very well controlled. I cannot imagine being without my Advair, inhalers, etc. and being told I just have to live with difficulty breathing. It must be horrendous for him. I have heard of all sorts of advances in less-invasive valve surgery but since I'm not an MD, I can't begin to imagine what they will suggest.

I've been extremely depressed because my husband can't do anything. He told me that he spent an entire year just taking care of his father who was incapacitated with diabetes, heart failure, and cancer. He had to do everything for him, including feed him, bathe him, etc. He said that he gave up that year. I can't and don't want to do that. As I mentioned, I am a very youthful 62 years old and don't know how much longer my relative good health will last. I can't do what my husband did for his father.

Latest posts

Back