Do you feel the difference in a INR drop or raise?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have noticed that my gums hurt if my INR is higher than 3.8. One shouldn't feel a difference, but this is one thing I have taken note of with myself.

Nope, no change here at all for this one who in on anticoagulation for a-fib. Hubby, who has the valvereplacement for the last 20 years, says the same, "nope, no change here at all." I remember when his INR was 7.5. He did not look any different, feel any different, act any different, seem any different...and on and on. Of course, I thought he might just break apart at any minute....

As I see it, it certainly would be a real, beneficial thing if we could feel it, or know it, or tell it, or.....or.... But, at least in this family, sadly, we can not.

Blanche

Recently I visited a clinic for a procedure. They asked me if I knew that my INR was was very low. I asked how in the farquart could I know anything about the the INR level that I had. The lab person said that some people feel it in their bones.....Good grief! I can't tell you what I told him because it was very nasty. I don't thing he will he will talk about bones, feeling, and INR again....

Last edited:
Philip:

I don't feel things in my bones....I feel them in my heart....and the things I find there are marvelous.

May your house be safe from tigers.

Kindest regards,

Blanche

I have noticed that when my inr is low, I get more tired. The only way I have come to this conclusion is that if I have been exceptionally tired and have gone for a test it has been low. There have been times when I am on the high side that that I will get a chill that I can't get rid of. Do I know for a fact that the cause is my inr in either case? Absolutely not. Just my observations from how I have felt a few times before I've tested my inr. Whether its been for a day or two before testing.

Back