Do all TAVRs require blood thinners

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzam54f

I just had my catherization and have report:
Summary is Nonobstructive CAD, Aorta 138/96, mean 130 Proximal LAD 30% some tortuosity and ectasia, not likely significant. Referral for TAVR

Seems in reading a big issue with TAVR is blood thinners.

So with many choices of TAVRs and technology evolving do all TAVRs require blood thinners in long haul?

or maybe another way to ask, how much blood thinner beyond low dose aspirin?

I am 88 and those vessels in head get old and weak and have just lost a 96 year buddy on blood thinners for years to brain bleed so this is why this is on my mind at this stage.

I just had my catherization and have report:
Summary is Nonobstructive CAD, Aorta 138/96, mean 130 Proximal LAD 30% some tortuosity and ectasia, not likely significant. Referral for TAVR

Seems in reading a big issue with TAVR is blood thinners.

So with many choices of TAVRs and technology evolving do all TAVRs require blood thinners in long haul?

or maybe another way to ask, how much blood thinner beyond low dose aspirin?

I am 88 and those vessels in head get old and weak and have just lost a 96 year buddy on blood thinners for years to brain bleed so this is why this is on my mind at this stage.

Welcome to the forum. That is a good question for your Cardio. At your age of 88 the protocols for post-surgery medication may be very different from the protocols for someone younger. FWIW, I am 85 and have been on blood thinners(warfarin) for over 53 years, and the only problem, stroke, I've had occurred when I was much younger(38) and was due to my own mismanagement of Warfarin.

Latest posts

Back