disorientated When exercising

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbud

hi! Had bental procedure 20 months everything going really until now. Fitness increased a lot I’m getting dizzy spells when pushing myself becoming disorientated I think it could be metoprolol restricting blood flow ? Has anyone experienced this before. I Have had myself triple checked there nothing wrong physically? It’s getting me down.

Fitness increased a lot I’m getting dizzy spells when pushing myself becoming disorientated I think it could be metoprolol restricting blood flow ?

It's certainly possible. I was on metoprolol for a couple of months following surgery. They had me on too high a dose initially. I would get very light headed just from going up or down the stairs. They cut my dosage in half and no longer any issues with the stairs, but it was really hard to exercise vigorously, due to metropolol pushing blood pressure and pulse low- which it is supposed to do. When you increase your cardio vascular work load, your cardiac output needs to increase to meet the increasing oxygen demands of your muscles. Beta blockers, such as metoprolol, make this difficult once you get to a certain level of output. It really put a limit on how vigorously I was able to train. Once I was off metoprolol, this was no longer an issue.

Whatever the issue is, I hope that you get it sorted soon.

I'd blame two things
  1. Metoprolol (forces your HR lower)
  2. You for pushing too hard (given the drugs)
Were you using a heart rate monitor (like a Garmin or something)

That will help you see if your HR is too low for a given exercise level...

Best Wishes

Back