Did anyone get the license plate of the truck that hit me?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

michellep

I'm wiped but just wanted to let everyone know that I got home yesterday. Had to have a blood transfusion. Ended up with a stinted tissue valve due to another birth defect they were unaware of invovling arteries buried in my root tissue. Guess I am special.
Is it normal to have a "wheezing" when you lay down to rest?
Woke up a few time last night with my husband's face inches from mine (making sure I was still breathing)
Glad to know all my VR friends made it through...

Michelle, Great news!!! I have been praying for you and looking for your post. Congrats on making it to the otherside, and to a quick and uneventful recovery. Take care of yourslef and don;t over do it. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Jay

Michelle - welcome home!!! Take good care of yourself. Your only jobs for the next few weeks are walking, sleeping, eating and breathing. Keep doing your incentive spirometer (hopefully they sent you home with it).

And I have no doubt that there will be some opportune time to remind your husband that he cares so much about you he was checking to see if you were breathing - save it for when he's really ticked!!!:D

Michelle,

Great to hear that you're with us on this side of the mountain!

Yes, I had that wheezing sensation, too. Took me a while to regain full lung capacity. I think that was what it was all about but I don't have any technical info. I'm sure Dr. Speir's office will be helpful if you have any follow-up questions.

So welcome home. Gradually increase your walking but enjoy letting yourself be pampered. You deserve it!

Cheers,

Michelle!! I've been worried about you, but you're home in good time. Take it easy, walk baby steps and breathe!! :)

Great.....

Great.....

*Michelle, Im soo glad your home and all went well. Iv been looking for your posts. Congratulations and Best Wishes for an uneventful and smooth recovery....Jacqui :cool:

Hi Michelle, We've all moved over a bit to give you a little more room this side of the mountain. Welcome home. It seems most people have a little glitch here or there in their recovery and hopefully yours are behind you. Just a reminder....doctors actually expect some calls from their patients in the first couple of weeks. There are questions that come up or things you might want to have some clarification on so this is not the time to debate with yourself whether or not to call. At this point, when in doubt just pick up the phone.
Take care of yourself and make sure you do ALL of your breathing exercises!

Welcome back Michelle,

Thanks for posting right away. Sounds like you'll be getting some well deserved rest in the next couple of weeks. The lungs really take a beating during OHS,so do use your spirometer as much as directed. If the wheezing starts being acompanied by pain or fever though, call your Dr. right away, since fluid is always a post-op concern.

I think my husband would have just used a mirror under my nose to see if I was still breathing, since he said I smelled really weird my first week home:D

Welcome home, Michelle. Walk when you feel up to it, do your breathing exercises and by all means don't be shy about calling the doc with any questions. So glad you are safely on this side of the mountain!:D

Hi Michelle, welcome home. Glad to hear that your OK now. I found my lungs made a crackling noise and was told that it was as the sponge like lung opens more and more in the week or so after surgery. I Guess you have the little blowing/sucking toy to help you with that. All the best for a boring recovery.
Chris

Wheezing's not all that common, and can mean some fluid in your lungs. Be sure to take full breaths, and remember what your mom always told you - posture! posture! posture!

Don't curl up on a recliner/couch/chair with your chest in a C-curve. Keep it lined up straight. Make sure you're getting air in and out of the bottoms of your lungs, not just the top part that many people seem to breathe with.

Hubby's guarding over you. Very cool. You may find it somewhat annoying at times, but it's genuine, and shows real concern. Unless, of course, you've been sleeping on top of the remote...

The mantra is Walk, Sleep, Breathe.

Best wishes,

Yes, I got the license plate #, it is GET WELL.

Congratulations - it is over.

I experienced all sorts of things post op but they all go away. Just do what you have to do and you will be fine and keep in touch with your cardiologist.

All the best to you.
Stan

Michelle,

Glad to hear you are home. We are all still looking for that truck. Not sure if it's just one truck or a fleet out there but it/they are hard to find.;) :D ;)

Talk to your doctor about the wheezing. Could be okay but better to be safe.

Take care.

I guess we didn't warn you about that truck. It gets some of us and none of us ever got the tag number.

Glad you are home and coming along. Use the breather often when you are awake. It gets the gunk out and strengthens the lungs.

Wishing you continued quick improvements. You will get better eaCh day. Blessins.......

I just remembered, my surgeon told me before the surgery that when the op is over I will like I have been hit by a truck.

Maybe you all heard that.

Stan

It's funny, because even though I don't think anyone ever used that expression with me before my operation (and I had not yet found this forum), the morning after the operation, my surgeon came to see me in the ICU and asked me how I was. My answer was: "Well, besides the fact that I feel like I got hit by a truck, I am sooooooo grateful that you were able to do a repair!.

Latest posts

Back