Diarrhoea :-)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha. What meds are you on? Other than Warfarin I was also on sotolol, magnesium, paracetamol and 2 types of pain meds plus a laxative. The laxative was used as the meds i were on usually cause constipation. I'm assuming you're not on a laxative too? Other meds could cause it I guess.

I often had constipation prior to my surgery. Afterward I did not, though I didn't have diarrhea. Remember that your entire body has been put through the ringer and it takes awhile for systems to realign.

Agian;n866876 said:
I'm at a loss as to how replacing a heart valve can give someone the shits. It's like going in for a nose job and waking up with haemorrhoids.

Lmao. Hilarious!
Jokes aside though, I was given some laxatives to go along side with my pain killers when I got out. I never really used them (pain meds) but after doing some research, they were a very common side effect.
Nothing some baby wipes can't clean up I hope
:)

Agian - I'm one of those (very) unlucky ones who had the terrible constipation after surgery. I was so blocked up that 4 weeks post-op I had to be re-admitted to the hospital to get my digestive system back in motion. Not fun. Nor, I'll bet, is the opposite. I would check with your doc to be sure, but the over-the-counter meds like Immodium may be all that you need. You may be having a reaction to all the antibiotics you were probably given. Probiotics may help, too, but I would still check with doc.

Go to your profile page, right-click the generic icon and you should see a "edit avatar" option. Not sure if this is just for premium users or all users.

Glad you're feeling better. Antibiotics will definitely cause havoc with your digestive system. Taking probiotics will help get the good bugs back in your gut and hopefully help out some.

Back