Diamond plated mechanical heart valves...latest with less or no anti-coagulant

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eva

Miracle Believer
Supporting Member
Hello,

I apologize I have not been here in a long time, yet the moment I heard about this I came to share the info.

My girlfriend's mother (73 years) who lives in Hungary had her valve replaced with a 'diamond plated mechanical valve'. I never heard of this before. I was curious. So, I researched it and she's right! I wonder if anyone else heard about this.
Here's one of the articles:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0925963516000157

Wow
Looks interesting

That link didn't make me feel this was a production device yet. Perhaps she's an early trial?

Exactly! This could be an early trial, or they are more advanced in Hungary!
When my friend mentioned this was the valve her mom's surgeon used, I thought she or her mom must have been mistaken!

Eh? Bling heart valves? Sounds pretty gangsta.

Catie, that Triflo valve has been talked about for three decades? I hope I'm wrong, but that makes it sound like a pipe dream. Any evidence that there has been some recent breakthrough in the project?

Nocturne, I hear you. All I could find from 2016 was what looked like a small study about hemodynamic testing of some sort (the valve has not advanced to clinicalt trials yet), and only the abstract was available without paying. The website of the Swiss company developing it still has all 2014 dates everywhere.

Latest posts

Back