Deteriorating Valve?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quarry1

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just got back from what was an annual checkup with the cardio. Three years ago May 2 I had an AVR with a St Jude Trifecta GT installed. Everything went well and now I was told that the valve has moderate leakage. Wasn't expecting that and I feel fine. My annual checkup has now turned into quarterly event to monitor the situation. Has anyone had a similar problem with the Trifecta? This is kind of a bummer as I was expecting a well functioning valve after 3 years.

Hi Quarry

firstly I'd ask is "moderate leakage" really significant in your case?

I don't know enough about this aspect to be sure, what was the view of your Cardio?

Like Pellicle says I'd find out what "moderate leakage" means to that doc. I have been told for years that my valve has had "mild" to "moderate" leakage around the valve.......and that some leakage is to be expected. I am not a physician and I certainly do not know your situation......but I have had enough interaction with docs to understand that we often do not communicate well with each other.

I am not sure yet as to what it means either. However I am concerned as the valve has gone from all most no leakage to moderate in less than a year. I have another appointment in 3 months. Just wondering if others have had any problems with the Trifecta GT

I'd suggest if you are "not sure yet as to what it means" but your next appointment is in 3 months, that you put together some questions and call his nurse. For example, you had a checkup, should you get an echo? What symptoms should you be on the watch for? Etc.

Latest posts

Back