Depression, being single, being alone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finding a mate
What? In Japan women loved ‘gaijin’ (foreign) men. On the other hand it took ages for me to find a Japanese husband, lol. Does it not work that way where you are?? Go to Tokyo!!

If it wasn’t for Covid, I’d say join a group or tour of some sort, but are things like that going on again there?

In lieu of directly spending time around others, you could sit on a bench at the park and people-watch.

Do you keep a journal? That could help develop a sense of detachment from thoughts and feelings.

If it wasn’t for Covid, I’d say join a group or tour of some sort, but are things like that going on again there?

In lieu of directly spending time around others, you could sit on a bench at the park and people-watch.

Do you keep a journal? That could help develop a sense of detachment from thoughts and feelings.
Amy I'm a maniac about self-care I'm on antidepressants I have a psychiatrist counselors and meditate I eat a hardcore vegan diet one of the biggest things I'm dealing with his old school self esteem issues the other one is I'm living overseas without proper cardiac insurance I don't think that comes Under The Heading of depression that's more about anxiety I'm struggling with whether to stay in Thailand or go back to America if I stay here I may not be able to get any cardiac coverage at all if I go to back to America I just don't want to be 58 and starting over in America so I've got some big decisions to make an agonizing over it

To answer your questions I live in file and there are very few if any covid-19 since I try to be around people all the time. I'm outside all the time. My depression doesn't just cause me to stay at home I'm always running around trying to take care of my medical stuff I've Got Friends I go on dates once in a while hahaha I travel all over thailandand I go to the gym I'm always running into people that's why I moved to Asia I actually feel less alone than I did hear then I did in America. But I still wish I had a family of my own I wish my parents were still alive but they be 88 and 95 I wish I had a partner etcetera etcetera it is what it is but yeah I mean I'm not really that alone in Thailand there's always something going on. I felt much more lonelier In America which is why I left. There's always something going on here like I said my big problem though is that the private insurance your doesn't cover pre-existing conditions either after to a heavily loaded plan or just not have cardiac coverage and pay cash for surgeries as things come up. That's my big decision

What? In Japan women loved ‘gaijin’ (foreign) men. On the other hand it took ages for me to find a Japanese husband, lol. Does it not work that way where you are?? Go to Tokyo!!
I've had trouble finding a mate in Thailand of all places. But it's going to be worse in America. My hearing is shot so I can't do the whole night club party scene with limits me. I live a very restrictive lifestyle due to all my cardiac issues. I don't eat the food here. Don't drink don't party. I don't have cardiac cover insurance wise....And I wonder what woman will want me with all my health issues especially after I get valve replacement.

Last edited:
I myself like depression symptoms to be actually controlled .... For me that’s drugs AND a lot of other tools.
I've been trying that for over 30 years to no avail...I have treatment resistant depression..Meds, exercise, therapy etc has no effect and I am getting worse

Thailand was where I was planning to go for my AVR (& pay in cash) when I lived in Japan & didn’t have insurance. I think it would’ve been like $6000. Don’t remember the details, like hospital name or mortality statistics, but I felt good about it.

Maybe I’m old-fashioned but I don’t think a club is the only place you can meet someone. And most people have some health issue or other these days - nothing to feel bad about yourself over, especially if it’s out of your control to change.

Thailand was where I was planning to go for my AVR (& pay in cash) when I lived in Japan & didn’t have insurance. I think it would’ve been like $6000. Don’t remember the details, like hospital name or mortality statistics, but I felt good about it.

Maybe I’m old-fashioned but I don’t think a club is the only place you can meet someone. And most people have some health issue or other these days - nothing to feel bad about yourself over, especially if it’s out of your control to change.
I partially deaf and don't drink--who said I go to clubs ? I been avoiding loud places, movies, nightclubs, etc since 1996

Latest posts

Back