Depression, being single, being alone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was anyone in the group severely depressed BEFORE getting diagnosed with cardiac conditions ? Did getting diagnosed with valve disease send your depression farther down ? I am trying a new drug for depression. I also hate being single but my personality doesn't lend itself to being in a relationship.

I expect MILLIONS of people are depressed, its not quite the same as post surgical depression (which is triggered by a metabolic issue)

I myself do not like drugs for depression, for alone they'll lead to dependency and side effects.

You need to consider counselling.

As to your personality point, well humans are by nature social creatures. So if you've wound yourself up in a knot in the past you'll need to address that or you'll repel people. I believe that a significant part of your problem comes from living in a place which is culturally at odds with your upbringing (unless you were born and rasied there).

I was wound up like a watch spring after 2 years in Tokyo and while I loved many things there I equally hated others. So I made a call to not be there.

Ask yourself honestly whey you are where you are (I don't need that answer, but you do).

Read some Jung, read some Jordan Peterson ... confront yourself honestly.
Its stuff like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaVixQv36vMnXasoGVAAvNyodlqw98ph/view?usp=sharing
Best Wishes

I expect MILLIONS of people are depressed, its not quite the same as post surgical depression (which is triggered by a metabolic issue)

I myself do not like drugs for depression, for alone they'll lead to dependency and side effects.

As to your personality point, well humans are by nature social creatures. So if you've wound yourself up in a knot in the past you'll need to address that or you'll repel people. I believe that a significant part of your problem comes from living in a place which is culturally at odds with your upbringing (unless you were born and rasied there).

I was wound up like a watch spring after 2 years in Tokyo and while I loved many things there I equally hated others. So I made a call to not be there.

Ask yourself honestly whey you are where you are (I don't need that answer, but you do).

Its stuff like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaVixQv36vMnXasoGVAAvNyodlqw98ph/view?usp=sharing
Best Wishes
I have been in counseling since 1988--I hate meds too..But may be needed..I have studied Jordan Peterson as well

Its stuff like this:
Best Wishes
I moved to Asia four years ago because I was miserable and alone in the USA--------my family had died, I was alone, I had no career, I could not find a partner, I felt lost..I am 58 now and starting over in the USA from zero terrifies me

Forgive me for saying so, but I’ve always had trouble reconciling that confident image in your profile with the struggles you share here. Makes me wonder where the disconnect occurs when meeting people.

Just remember that the brain is a physical part of the body. If it’s not feeling well, sometimes medication can help. Just like cholesterol medication or blood pressure medication. Some chronic health issues just need it. But there is a stigma and that’s unfortunate.

Reactions: Amy
my family had died, I was alone, I had no career, I could not find a partner, I felt lost..
there is no journey without return.

we are all alone when it comes down to it.

My view is that one has to be happy with who you are, happy to be solitary (rather than in a destructive relationship) and you will at least be happy there).

I've been alone since the death of my wife (and earlier mother and father). I have no partner no children ... and I make what I can in life.

My wife died just after my last OHS ... just before my infection and months of surgery and recovery. Perhaps you knew that already.

1614224544636.png

I wish you peace

Yes had it since 1989 probably longer--aging, failures in life, health issues have only sent it and my self esteem crashing further.started on a new drug this week; a new counselor last week

Love the Gladiator quote ! I am an actor and have worked with many of greats --this is good, "I've been alone since the death of my wife (and earlier mother and father). I have no partner no children ... and I make what I can in life.

My wife died just after my last OHS ... just before my infection and months of surgery and recovery. Perhaps you knew that already." SOrry to hear.. I understand..agree better alone than with a pyscho..my ex in Bangkok was crazy and mean as a snake

Forgive me for saying so, but I’ve always had trouble reconciling that confident image in your profile with the struggles you share here. Makes me wonder where the disconnect occurs when meeting people.

Just remember that the brain is a physical part of the body. If it’s not feeling well, sometimes medication can help. Just like cholesterol medication or blood pressure medication. Some chronic health issues just need it. But there is a stigma and that’s unfortunate.
We all have different sides.. I've been an actor in Hollywood, Asia and San Francisco...Never had any issue with that career--and it didn't start till I was past 40...I can work on movie sets with some of the greatest actors and directors ..yet dating and self esteem are a struggle for me

We all have different sides.. I've been an actor in Hollywood, Asia and San Francisco...Never had any issue with that career--and it didn't start till I was past 40...I can work on movie sets with some of the greatest actors and directors ..yet dating and self esteem are a struggle for me

Is it possible being an actor and that constant quest for acceptance and facing rejection has an impact? Confusing what professional acceptance and rejection look like with what personal acceptance and rejection look like? Coupled with what I assume is a higher rate of narcissism (with the people you meet) in your profession vs what one might encounter in the general population?

I just did acting cause it was fun..I fell into in my 40's--such a blast being on set with all these creative people....a true buzz...It happened very organically-one of the highlights of my life...Never dreamed I'd socially or workwise be around people like Deniro, Clooney, Clint Eastwood, get work on some of my favorite shows like Entourage--my people. Better than working 9-5))

I left USA cuz I was lonely but lonely here as well..Not thrilled about Asia esp w cardiac issues but I think I would be more miserable in the USA ..

Latest posts

Back