Delayed.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svAdagioME

I went in for surgery yesterday and waited in the prep area for 6 hours with IV in and shaved from neck to knees, and then got sent home. Before this I was scheduled for last week and that time it got canceled the day before. I guess there were emergency surgeries that came in, so I understand it. It’s not like I’m going to drop dead this month.

Has anybody had a couple of cancellations like this? Is there anything I should be doing differently? I should get a call in the next few days to reschedule. I am curious if there is a way to schedule in a more priority way. Probably not.

I went in for surgery yesterday and waited in the prep area for 6 hours with IV in and shaved from neck to knees, and then got sent home. Before this I was scheduled for last week and that time it got canceled the day before. I guess there were emergency surgeries that came in, so I understand it. It’s not like I’m going to drop dead this month.

Has anybody had a couple of cancellations like this? Is there anything I should be doing differently? I should get a call in the next few days to reschedule. I am curious if there is a way to schedule in a more priority way. Probably not.
What facility was this? I'd say that it's very rare to happen once, but twice?!?!
I'd be demanding answers. Is it a very small facility? Was it the surgeon or OR capacity and possibly staffing shortage? When I think about the prep you had to do prior to surgery and stress & anxiety. Not good for your health! And, they should have rescheduled you on the spot. Something is not right.

I guess there were emergency surgeries that came in, so I understand it. It’s not like I’m going to drop dead this month.
Sure someone needed it more than you do. But it won't change the fact that it's the second time it got canceled. Hope your next schedule will be pretty smooth.

What facility was this? I'd say that it's very rare to happen once, but twice?!?!
I'd be demanding answers. Is it a very small facility? Was it the surgeon or OR capacity and possibly staffing shortage? When I think about the prep you had to do prior to surgery and stress & anxiety. Not good for your health! And, they should have rescheduled you on the spot. Something is not right.
it is a large hospital with a top program. But yeah, it doesn’t feel good. What I think happened is because of the prior cancellation they tried to get me in asap and tucked me in for surgery this time in the afternoon as his second case of the day at 12:30 PM, and had me show up at 8am. but then they had an emergency in the morning that went long. By around 2pm they were still going and it had timed out. Next time I want to be first of the day. I was sitting there waiting thinking these guys are all going to be exhausted when they get to me….

If you were in destress, they would put you at priority. You should have been told why and given another date before you left. Hopefully they will set a date and get yours done. So sorry you are having such rough schedule of your surgery. Just keep hanging in there.

That is really a bunch of bs being rescheduled twice. I mean washing with antibacterial soap in the evening again in the morning, making the long quit drive to the hospital telling your self this ain't nothing I can do this. It's mental torture. I think I would be telling them Last chance and I better have a morning appointment!

Sorry to hear about the delay. It must be such an emotional roller coast to get delayed at the last minute like that.

Next time I want to be first of the day. I was sitting there waiting thinking these guys are all going to be exhausted when they get to me….

I was scheduled for the first surgery of the day on a Monday. I figured that was the best spot of the week, as the surgical team should be fresh coming off the weekend, as long as none of them had gone on a bender. I even joked with them about it just before they put me under: "Anyone hung over from the weekend, please speak up now." I got some good laughs, then I did not remember much after that as the anesthesiologist turned up the juice.

I found out later that my surgeon had two emergency surgeries on Sunday, the day before my operation. So much for my idea of him coming in fully rested from the weekend. Although, I don't believe that it impacted his execution of the procedure one bit.

That is really a bunch of bs being rescheduled twice. I mean washing with antibacterial soap in the evening again in the morning, making the long quit drive to the hospital telling your self this ain't nothing I can do this. It's mental torture. I think I would be telling them Last chance and I better have a morning appointment!
Thanks. I haven’t gotten a call yet but there is a message in the online system indicating it may be this Friday.

This time I will do the shaving part myself. Last week it was done by some dude from the hospital and we were both talking loudly about football and hockey the whole time like “nothing to see here bro.”

Latest posts

Back