Defection

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just one more thing I want to say, even though I promised myself I would NOT POST again on this thread.

Folks, PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE, can we all just STOP now, and remember our PRIMARY reason for being here?

SUPPORT We are all here to SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Regardess of where we are from, and how we differ in the way we think, regarding certain issues.

I've seen childishness post on hvp, yes. I still believe that this continual pointing of the finger is childish.

I do regret that others feel they weren't welcome at hvp.org. I'm not saying that on behalf of that site. I'm saying it because I think it's primarily because of misunderstanding. They were inundated with lots of new members at the urging of Hank to check the site out. I see fault and childishness regarding this issue on both sites. The biggest issue to me is that the whole issue keeps getting dredged over and over at this site. I'm finished with the whole mess.

Hank, There doesn't seem to be any good purpose to this thread now. I think a lot of us would be happy to see you close it down and let us get on to the real good we can do by helping those who truly need and depend on us!

Hank, There doesn't seem to be any good purpose to this thread now. I think a lot of us would be happy to see you close it down and let us get on to the real good we can do by helping those who truly need and depend on us!

With all due respect, if the thread bothers you that much, then stop clicking on it. Nobody is forcing you to read it.
Mark

You eat the bologna, I will have a cup of Early Grey tea :D
How about both with a cup of the coconut bread pudding for desert I saw Paula Dean cook on her show this week. I must confess my sin is I enjoy good food and I am sure I am not helping my repaired heart with my addded pounds. I realize I am off target with the purpose of this thread but maybe it needs hijacking at this point.

With all due respect, if the thread bothers you that much, then stop clicking on it. Nobody is forcing you to read it.
Mark

I know, I agree, but........ these threads are like a bag of M & M chocolate candies. You absolutely just have to keep coming back for more!!!! I'm guilty of adding several "reads" to the tally without wanting to answer again. I wasn't going to answer again, because the thread is getting rather foggy; hard for people to make themselves clear enough to the other people out there trying to understand. Might be time to wind the thing down, for sure. But I learned a lot from this thread. And I think we learn about each other from bantering and flailing around. It's good exercise -- as long as we keep it civil. And that's a good point to underscore -- we keep things civil here at VR.

Good job, everyone.

Marguerite

I know, I agree, but........ these threads are like a bag of M & M chocolate candies. You absolutely just have to keep coming back for more!!!! I'm guilty of adding several "reads" to the tally without wanting to answer again. I wasn't going to answer again, because the thread is getting rather foggy; hard for people to make themselves clear enough to the other people out there trying to understand. Might be time to wind the thing down, for sure. But I learned a lot from this thread. And I think we learn about each other from bantering and flailing around. It's good exercise -- as long as we keep it civil. And that's a good point to underscore -- we keep things civil here at VR.

Good job, everyone.

Marguerite

Marguerite ... I agree with almost everything you said, almost ... I do have to respectfully counter on one point ... I can eat just one M&M, just never have wanted to:tongue2:

Good job, everyone.

Marguerite

I think threads like this give folks a chance to vent a bit. Maybe not a bad thing with the stress of recent events, as long as it is kept civil.

All threads, including this one, eventually run their course and fade away...

Mark

It's funny how some threads just go on and on, perhaps entering the realm of legends. :D

As an ink-stained wretch who has worked with words for a living, I am happy at the focus this thread has put on the power that just one word can have. "Defection" -- its literal meaning and connotations.

All in all, I believe that this thread has been a healthy exercise, as Marguerite said so well. (But hold the M&Ms! :p )

Cheers to all of you valued friends.

I think this thread has been an exercise in "they're bad people" and "we're better than they are," "they say bad things about us" and "we're good no matter what we say about them." Yes, it has been wonderful.

How long is a piece of thread? It goes on and on and on and on and on with no point and nowhere to go to? Let's get back to normal and use common sense. I do agree that when I log on I always go to the what's new and read them first. I think this one has run it's course and we will end up repeating ourselves.

Best wishes to all

This thread has had 2358 views and this post makes #95, or #96 if I don't hurry.......that probably answers the "defection" question. I also agree that I continue to visit the thread to view any "new" comment......like the above post says, it goes on and on and on and on with no point and nowhere to go to.....but I do think we are getting close to the end.....out of exhaustion.

Speaking of beating an old dead horse, don't they make bologna (for nourishment) out of them, and glue (for bonding) out of them? They also make some valves out of them. So, up to a point, maybe it's not all bad :smile2:

(I am kidding; I love horses and am just further bending an analogy.)

Anyway, to me this thread allowed some natural and civil and reasonable expressions of surprise or disappointment or pain.
Maybe not unlike a slight belch after attempting to digest a meal that didn't quite sit well :eek2:

The next meal will no doubt be better :) Best wishes and good health to you all :)

Too much sex

*raises eyebrow sharply*

Since when is too much sex too much? (Not that I would know............*sighs*)

The only person who invited me to join hvp.org is Hank.

Same here.

Irony rocks.

I just really don't get the animosity that's been creeping into this thread.

I don't understand it, nor do I like it. And, Bob is right.

*pauses*

Wait a second ... I agree with a ST LOUIS CARDINALS fan???? Say it ain't so! lol

Since when is going to another website a betrayal.

AMEN!

Betrayal is when people do not know how to research things.

Betrayal is when a baseball club CLAIMS to have new ownership, when they technically do not.

Betrayal is when a car company forces front wheel drive down your throat and then claims to be selling Impalas and Malibus for 2010 and 2011 when they CLEARLY ARE NOT.

I could go on.....lol

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"What you said when you left just left me cold and out of breath" ... Chris Daughtry ... 'Over You'

Back