Defection

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldManEmu

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am concerned it is a little slow around here recently due to a certain site that appears to be recruiting members from VR.ORG.
I hope fellow VR members are not leaving us permanently. :confused2:

Last edited:
I am concerned it is a little slow around here recently due to a certain site that appears to be recruiting members from VR.ORG.
Me too. I don't think most will. I glanced at that site early on and saw enough.

Last edited:
canada_dog_t_shirt_dog_shirt-p1550821377308143972vfyk_210.jpg
Canadians are a faithful breed
muttly.gif

Last edited:
Following Hank's e-mail endorsing the idea of folks joining both sites, I signed up over there. I don't see why it has to be either/or. Certainly I have not "defected." Vr.com I still consider my home as long as it will have me. Also I have friends on HVP and enjoy keeping in touch with them as well. The sites have differing styles/tastes/flavor/whatever but there is something to be learned from both.

I was not "recruited" to join over there (though at my weight I could be a good defensive lineman :p) ... I thought about it after Hank's e-mail and decided why not participate in whatever forums of value are available. I am not aware of any recruiting war going on -- I don't see why both should not thrive, and why there shouldn't still be a certain kinship even with the diverse approaches. Just my two cents.

I compare it to a new restaurant opening in town. People are going to give it a try before deciding what kind of "meal" they prefer. Time will tell how it all sorts out.
As for me, I will always be grateful that Hank started this forum. Although Hank encouraged everyone to try both forums out, I am sure that when he first learned of its existence, he was hurt. Great guy that he is, Hank took the high road and probably did more to increase HVP's membership than their founding members ever could.
Hank's actions speak volumes to the integrity of VR.com
I'm proud to be a member.

I concerned it is a little slow around here recently due to a certain site that appears to be recruiting members from VR.ORG.

I don't think that is a very fair statement; I have seen no sign of recruiting on the part of the organizers and I didn't even know there was another site until I read Hank's statement. There was even a long period of time between the startup of HVP and Hank's statement so in truth Hank did the recruiting! I agree there is no reason why both sites cannot be enjoyed and participated in.

I compare it to a new restaurant opening in town. People are going to give it a try before deciding what kind of "meal" they prefer. Time will tell how it all sorts out.

Thing is, I like all sorts of restaurants -- that's why I have so much weight to lose in the Throwdown. :D I like the restaurant comparison, but I enjoy a wide choice, not just a steady diet from one menu. Again, I praise vr.com to the hilt, but I don't see why it has to be either/or. Savor the flavors. We have something like 200 restaurants around here; I'd hate to be restricted to just one Olive Garden, or whatever.

Thing is, I like all sorts of restaurants -- that's why I have so much weight to lose in the Throwdown. :D I like the restaurant comparison, but I enjoy a wide choice, not just a steady diet from one menu. Again, I praise vr.com to the hilt, but I don't see why it has to be either/or. Savor the flavors. We have something like 200 restaurants around here; I'd hate to be restricted to just one Olive Garden, or whatever.

Far be it for me to restrict your eating options!
To each his own. One person's savory dish is another person's midnight indigestion.

I think I'm gonna barf...:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Yes, Superbob -- please try out ALL of those restaurants and then the girlies will reign on high when the Pumpkin Race is done..:angel:

Hey all you Canadians out there who live in/near the Queenston, ON area - we'll be there and would love to meet you. One of your esteemed members has made restaurant reservations and I'm sure everyone who wants is welcome to join us..! Just send a PM and I'll pass on the details. Oops, maybe I should have put this "restaurant" stuff in the reunion thread...oh well..:angel:

I have to say that I am saddened greatly that things are as they are now.....I too found it very slow around here and I guess with being busy with school I didn't keep up, nevertheless, I am heartbroken that there is now a rift where there was once friendship, compassion and a whole lot of laughter and has now turned to forced opinions, hurt feelings and separation. I too, had a falling out with a member and my feelings were hurt and badly because the person did not talk to me to get a full understanding before passing judgement on my circumstances. Yes, I am disabled, yes I am on SSDI and Medicare and Medicaid...but do I WANT to be on these things ABSOLUTELY NOT......I would give anything to be able to still work as I once did, and I am fighting to be able to go back to work at some point. My point here is that if Christina had come to me and asked me about why I am in the financial predicament that I am in, I would have told her and maybe she would have understood that I don't like where I am at instead of making the comment "Well Harrybaby, I guess this means you don't have to go back to the government and ask them for MORE MONEY do you.....I was hurt and crushed and this coming from someone who was born outside of the U.S. The bottom line here folks is that please please before passing judgement, go to the person...ask them whats up before automatically assuming the worst...I am still very upset because I didn't get the chance to resolve things with Christina before she passed away....we all have this one life to live..life is too short to be judging others before finding out the whole story. I am also now on both websites as I am friends with everyone even though there is this aweful rift......I am truly heartbroken that it has come to this.....

As for me, I will always be grateful that Hank started this forum. Although Hank encouraged everyone to try both forums out, I am sure that when he first learned of its existence, he was hurt. Great guy that he is, Hank took the high road and probably did more to increase HVP's membership than their founding members ever could.
Hank's actions speak volumes to the integrity of VR.com
I'm proud to be a member.

Thank you Hank for who you are and what you do, and have done. Hank is definitely a "high road" guy.

Totally agree...and me staying here no where else...there is nothing like *home...sweet caring loving home*!

Latest posts

Back