Dec 13- MechAVR at Duke

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hokiesid

Male, 51
Heart Failure 2012 (22% EF)
Tissue Valve Oct 2013
Electrical Issues, ❤️Att June
Left Ventr stops workin, Pacemaker 7/28
New Cardiologist 7/29
Valve declining rapidly
Dr Hughes picking this time- Mech Valve

just want to jump in here and let you guys know how much I appreciate reading about AVR and now the mtce req w mechvalve. Thankful for the 8 yrs with my cow valve but don’t want to do it again.

In 2013, doc said you pick this one, I’ll pick the next one. Mentioned TAVR and he felt that they could possibly give me another 20 yrs and I have to “open the hood” again in my 70’s. May be able to be part of an Eliquis
trial that will be less mtce.

If my hotel was not sharing A parking lot with an E/R, probably not writing this so I am thankful for this oppty.

I think you made the right choice this time with a mechanical valve. Requires to pay some attention to coagulation managment but absolutely doable - you can read a lot about this in the forum. Good luck!

Hi.
Thanks for sharing your story. In that you do not want another surgery after this one, it sounds like you are making a wise decision- or your doctor is, but it is really your decision.

Best of luck with your procedure and your recovery and please keep us posted on how things go.

best wishes for a smooth and event free recovery.

reach out here with any subsequent questions on INR managment, and don't stress the first 3 months, its just how it goes on ACT (but then you probably already experienced that)

:)

Latest posts

Back