debster913 news from husband

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debster913

This is Deb's husband Mike. Some of you may know me as the Hubster. I know she comes here alot to post and ask questions. She always talks about how great all of you are and how she has made some friends here who understand what its like to have heart surgery.

I know Deb posted about her infection. Hopefully with fingers crossed the new meds seem to be working and killing the infection. She's been really upset about having to deal with this relatively minor infection that has grown and comsumed her life for 2 months now.

Today is Deb's birthday and she says thanks for all the well wishes but I am writing because she is sick with the flu. She got the flu yesterday and was so sick I had to pick her up from work because she didn't feel safe driving home. She is not having a good day at all and she would have had the flu shot already but her doctor told her as long as she had an active infection and antibiotics she couldnt get the shot. She is worried about missing work already and she really feels horrible.

Could you please keep Deb in your thoughts and prayers? She is very sick and I'm hoping she doesn't get worse.

Thank you.

ah, gee whiz, gull darn it.
Mike, 1/2 water and 1/2 gatoraide (or poweraide) will help with the fluid intake.
Get Well Soon Deb.
Prayers

Deb-

Stay strong and fight this thing with everything you've got. Maybe the antibiotics that you are on will help a little.

You will be in my prayers.

Just take really great care of her, Mike. There's not too much you can do about the flu.....just lots of fluids and rest.

If she gets worse, don't think twice about taking her to the hospital.

Evelyn

Best wishes to Debs for a speedy recovery. :) she strikes me as a feisty fighter. Sometimes though you just have to chill and let nature take it's course as you slowly recover. You take care of yourself as well Mike. Hope you manage to put your feet up and have a beer in between your nursing and domestic duties. ;) :)

Mike, Thanks for posting. She has been a wonderful participant here, and often reminds me of my favorite teacher. This flu is nasty starting so early in the season. Maybe some chicken soup will help...? Sending well wishes, and praying for a speedy recovery, Brian

If it is truly the flu, she can take Tamiflu in the first 48 hours. My family has had the flu the last two years in a row and it always makes a huge difference for us. Usually within 24 hours of starting to take it, the fever is gone as well as all the aches and pains.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Kim

Thanks for posting, Mike and please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself too so she doesn't have to nurse you back to health when she recovers!

I'm sorry Deb that you are sick.
Praying for a quick and full recovery from the infection and the flu! I second that Tamiflu, it really does work wonders.

Mike,

Thanks for posting.

Deb...terrible way to spend your birthday :(. Hope you get and feel better soon. Thoughts/prayers coming your way....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You take the good, you take the bad" ... Gloria Loring ... 'The Facts Of Life'

Latest posts

Back