Dealing With a Loss

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinemc

I know I have shared my loss of my furry BFF Dixie. And I have shared about my move and changes. Well, move is halfway done, my grief has steadied a bit. And my new Fur Baby Zoey and I are still bonding very well. My INR has been stable and hope it keeps that way. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Hi
sorry to read you've lost your companion. I understand well that grief is a diffiult thing. When you're ready you should consider getting another dog (or cat I'm unclear if fur babies clarifies dog or cat).

Best Wishes

Thanks to @pellicle and @Astro I lost Dixie back on 08/25/19, three months ago on this date and Zoey is doing great. If is gets bad weather here in MO, I will have a dinner thrown together and watch cable television all morning and at 12:00, a dog show will be on. A great way to celebrate. And Zoey does what Dixie did, keeping my depression at bay. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Hi Caroline,

I'm so sorry about your sweet Dixie. It can sure take some time to get that kind of grief processed. I'm smiling to read of your enjoying Zoey and I'm so glad you have her! Happy Thanksgiving!

Had a great peaceful Thanksgiving. Now getting through Christmas. My brother is not coming up from Arkansas and not mad about that. Long drive for him and he may be having to work the next day. Been there myself. Always hated going back after Christmas. And I will probably with my Zoey, she got one present early, got treated to salon at PetSmart and got the works. Worth every penny. Now we are getting snow and I think she will like it, for mom will not let her be out in the cold too long. I will be happy and Zoey will be here with me and watching television movies on cable. LOL!

First snow is such a delight for pups! She must look gorgeous after her spa treatment. : ) Caroline, hope you have a good Christmas, though quieter than you hoped.

First snow is such a delight for pups! She must look gorgeous after her spa treatment. : ) Caroline, hope you have a good Christmas, though quieter than you hoped.
Actually today is her second good snow. And felt more relaxed after her beauty treatment. Soon I will able to do it on my own. She takes everything in very well. She is a bit on the lazy side, but this being winter, I will allow her to be that way. She is a great dog and loves to cuddle and snuggle.
And Catie, you have a great Christmas also. I lost a dog three months ago, that is why I have Zoey. But that other one, Dixie, loved to run in the snow. I miss her a lot. But I know she loved me lots.

Sounds like you and she are bonding very well. I'm sure you're delighted that she's turned out to be a cuddly girl.

It's not hard for me to imagine how much you miss Dixie. I lost Marissa, truly my heart dog, to a malignancy in early 2018.

Dogs are wonderful, companionable creatures!

Caroline, you received much more snow in western MO than we did in the southeast portion of the state. Our dog loves the snow but hates rain. Unfortunately for him, rain is all we’ve received this month. I’m not complaining!

Last edited:
Our snow in KC was sweet yesterday. Walked to the closest church and it was Our Lady of Guadeloupe's Feast Day. Not many people there, but had a free tamale lunch with some thick Mexican hot chocolate before the walk home. My dog tolerates snow, but she lets me know she prefers warmth.

Latest posts

Back