Day 6 Post-Op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffF

Battle wounds Day 6

e1760a8b.jpg

Downright beautiful! Although I don't remember any stitches on my tube wounds, but that should help reduce scar formation.

Too bad you missed Hallowe'en with that beauty of a scar ;)

I had one large drain tube hole and it had a stitch or two with black thread which I noticed as I was leaving
and a nurse snipped it off and pulled it out.

I'm still in the waiting room so haven't got any scars yet. I know about the long one and the 3 little guys beneath it. But what's the diagonal one up towards your neck?

Thanks everyone!

Selma that was just my skin being irritated from tape.

Unfortunately about 3 weeks after I took this picture the incision at the top got infected and opened up. So it is not as thin up at the top anymore. It's stilll healing. The rest of the scar (75%) looks great though.

Jeff, this picture is awesome and shows exactly what I wanted to see, which is a scar 1 week post op. Who was your surgeon at Hopkins? How much of your aorta was replaced, just the root, or a little more?

GYM, I do not know exactly how much was replaced but I am pretty sure it was mostly the root. My surgeon was Dr. John Conte, he is great! In fact my overall experience with Hopkins was too. When are you going in? Let me know if you have anymore questions...

WOW!!! My scars don't look that good and i'm 10 months post op!!!
So pleased for you :D
xxxx

Jeff, the only thing missing is the "S" for Superman...i'm sure you can photoshop that in - haha

Sarah_Louise ~ I wish mine still looked that good. The top opened up with an infection. BOOOOOOO!

Mine did too! It popped open to the size of a plum and revealed my sturnum! :eek2: My infection markers where up to 45,000 (normal levels are below 5!) so ended up needing IV antibiotics, :thumbd:
Hope your on the mend soon! :)
Love Sarah xxxx

Mine did too! It popped open to the size of a plum and revealed my sturnum! :eek2: My infection markers where up to 45,000 (normal levels are below 5!) so ended up needing IV antibiotics, :thumbd:
Hope your on the mend soon! :)
Love Sarah xxxx

Yikes Sarah! Thankfully mine so far has been doing well to oral antibiotics and I'm waiting on a topical one too. At it's worst it was about 2 inches long, 3/4 wide and less than 1/2 inch deep. I did see some stitches which was a bit unsettling. But it is looking a lot better now. How long did it take for yours to completely heal? I am looking forward to that day.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Greg it is a type of MSSA staph infection. I get the topical antibiotic tomorrow which was custom made from a DNA culture they took 10 days ago. It is pretty cool technology. I had it looked at today and despite the presence of the infection (which you wouldn't know existed without the culture) it is healing nicely.

So I have my fingers crossed that it continues to heal without any more set backs.

Jeff

Back