Day 21 Post Op Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugchucker

Well I have to say this has been an amazing ride so far! I'm now 21 days post OHS (Aortic Valve and Root replacement). I feel guilty for feeling so good. My only complaints are my back pain and being restricted in my rehab (cannot run or join the formal cardiac rehab program). Seven more days and I can drive a car! Doh, that means 5 or so weeks and I have to go back to work? Here is an updated photo of my scar, I think it will be nearly invisible soon...Thanks again for all your help and support!

Phil

Very nice, clean incision. But did your surgeon mistake your chest for a bowling ball? :D
Seriously, I have to hunt to find the scars from my drainage lines. However, my husband's are quite noticeable, perhaps because he had a thoracotomy, I dunno.

Just forget about when you have to return to work and enjoy your time off.

My only complaints are my back pain and being restricted in my rehab (cannot run or join the formal cardiac rehab program).
Phil

Complaint? Pffffft, I wasn't even walking until 6 WEEKS after surgery and then I had to relearn how to walk. ;)

Some back pain and not being able to run, Wow!
On my day 21 post Op, I had been home from the hospital for one day. And I was sent home several days too early.
You're a great example of how OHS should go. The scar looks great except for the 2 holes.

Great progress, Bugchucker! I want a copy of that scar/picture so that I can take it to my surgeon when my time comes and ask for that kind of result (minus the chest hair!!) :D Can't blame a girl for trying...;)

Continued best wishes....

I'm glad you're feeling great. And the scar is looking good. The drainage holes may not be the most attractive right now, but I'm jealous that they are so nicely centered on either side of your incision. I'm all about symmetry, LOL.

Back