Date Set For Repeat Mitral alsoTricuspid Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake777

I set my date for the mitral valve replacement repeat surgery and they have to replace my tricuspid valve also, it’s leaking severe. Being done at Baylor, White, Scott in Plano, TX. Have to go down there from Oklahoma on the 11th for a cat scan and COVID test, then back down there to be admitted on the 14th so the can get all fluid off before surgery on June 17th. Been trying to relax and still haven’t been able to yet and it’s almost upon me. I can never get ready for these surgeries.

I set my date for the mitral valve replacement repeat surgery and they have to replace my tricuspid valve also, it’s leaking severe. Being done at Baylor, White, Scott in Plano, TX. Have to go down there from Oklahoma on the 11th for a cat scan and COVID test, then back down there to be admitted on the 14th so the can get all fluid off before surgery on June 17th. Been trying to relax and still haven’t been able to yet and it’s almost upon me. I can never get ready for these surgeries.
Forgot to mention it’s my 3rd OHS.

Best of luck Blake. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you're able to relax.

Please keep us posted on this next step in your valve surgery journey and may it be your very last one.

Hi Blake - just sending good vibes your way. I am scheduled for AV and MV replacement on June 15 so like you I am in pre-surgery stage. What helps me is to visualize me (after my surgery) on my favorite hillside overlooking a snow-covered mountain (a common sight in Colorado in spring time) with hiking poles by my side.
You've been down this road before - you got this! Best of luck to you.

I had my second OHS in October for repeat aortic valve and tricuspid repair. I also was very nervous waiting and found keeping busy kept my mind of of it. Good luck!

I had my second OHS in October for repeat aortic valve and tricuspid repair. I also was very nervous waiting and found keeping busy kept my mind of of it. Good luck!
Thank you. That’s what I’ve been doing lately. Just have to remember I’m in good hands and everything will be fine.

Hi Blake - just sending good vibes your way. I am scheduled for AV and MV replacement on June 15 so like you I am in pre-surgery stage. What helps me is to visualize me (after my surgery) on my favorite hillside overlooking a snow-covered mountain (a common sight in Colorado in spring time) with hiking poles by my side.
Good luck on your surgery, makes me feel good knowing someone is going to be having surgery around the same time as me. Got to get me a visual. Good luck and can’t wait to see you on that hillside with your hiking poles by your side!

Good luck with the surgery. Just curious why the mitral surgery. Your listing says you had a ON-X mitral placed in 2009. I assume this is mechanical.
Hi vitdoc. My mechanical mitral valve has a leak, the sutures have pulled away from the valve, so they say. I remember the surgeon saying a closure will not work while I had all the regurgitation going on from both valves or something like that. So hopefully he will be able to start me out fresh again, with no more surgeries.

Best of luck Blake. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you're able to relax.

Please keep us posted on this next step in your valve surgery journey and may it be your very last one.
Thank you Chuck C, I’m trying my best. Will be taking my iPad so maybe when I feel up to it I can post an update.

Good luck. "Third time's the charm" I binge watched Law and Order and Ken Burns Civil War to keep my mind quiet.

Good luck on your surgery, makes me feel good knowing someone is going to be having surgery around the same time as me. Got to get me a visual. Good luck and can’t wait to see you on that hillside with your hiking poles by your side!
Will you have someone there with you and for you? Best of luck! (I have to go and purchase some new hiking boots for my visualization!)

Sending you lots of good vibes too! I used hiking in the Eastern Sierra's as my pre-surgery help and I'm happy to say I just spent 2 weeks camping and hiking. It was the best trip! Best of luck for your surgery and time with your poles and new shoes!

Latest posts

Back