Cured Excessive Sweating after valve repair/replacement surgery?

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

David Harper

I have Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) and suffering from excessive sweating when I'm anxious or having panic attacks. Is there anyone who had excessive sweating and cured it after valve repair/replacement surgery?

Eva

Miracle Believer
Excessive sweating can be caused by many factors among which are: anxiety, stress, panic attacks, hyperthyroidism, obesity, medication side effects, etc.

Hopefully your anxiety and panic attacks may become much less or disappear after your surgery, if you are worrying much about your heart condition!

Good luck.

ZachL

How long ago was your surgery?

After my OHS I excessively sweat for the first 3-4 months through the winter with my house temp around 60-65. I believe it was a side effect of the prescription drugs I was on. It started to go away once I was off the prescription pain killers, it didn't go away immediately but I just figured it was either the pain killers and my body trying to recover from an invasive surgery.

tom in MO

Excessive sweating can occur in men from hypogonadism (lack of sufficient testosterone). This would not be just low testosterone levels from normal aging, but sometimes a man's body will stop producing testosterone. The reason is usually unknown. One of the effects is bouts of excessive sweating. Other effects are being irritable, having trouble staying awake in the afternoon and sexual dysfunction.

Protimenow

I had a situation with an antidepressant years ago -- it made me sweat profusely - especially after any amount of physical activity. I jettisoned that stuff and the sweating went away.

Thomas

I didn't have it before surgery but I had brutal night sweats when I got home after surgery for a week or two then it stopped. My doc didn't know why they came and went.