CT Scans.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey ... was thinking "well he must be through now"

themalteser;n882038 said:
Finished. I did not like that. They sprayed something under my tongue to “widen the veins” now my head is going to explode.

well then, order one of the Australian Broadcasting Comissions exploding head T-Shirts

6761108-3x2-460x307.jpg

The contrast was indeed warm and made me slightly anxious, but that was ok. My head is killing!
I tried asking for measurements, but nope, they won’t give me anything :)

interesting about the headache ... I've not experienced anything like that.

Hope you can get to a panadol or something soon.

Best Wishes and I bet you're glad its over

I like that haha. That’s exactly how it feels, without the musical pink t-shirt :) I got some panadols and hopefully it goes away.
I asked how much radiation does the machine gives you, the doctor told me that their particular machine only gives 2msv as it’s an advanced Siemens one. Hopefully that is the case.

I decided now that I much prefer MRIs than CT scans :)

Hi

hope the panadol kicks in soon mate ...

themalteser;n882040 said:
I decided now that I much prefer MRIs than CT scans :)

myself I occasionally wish for blissful ignorance of all of this (and some other things too). I was just talking to my mate the pharmacist about the sort of filthy dirty jobs we did in cattle properties in our youths. Like helping birth calves and other "semi veterinary" jobs.

young folks today ... just wouldn't believe it

Last edited:
pellicle;n882017 said:
done ... of course you realise we'll need to conduct this research properly ... I wonder how we'll do the double blind bit?

we may just have to see if independent adjudication supports we laugh more when we've had a few ;-)

And here I thought that DOUBLE BLIND spoke of the study participants!

themalteser;n882038 said:
Finished. I did not like that. They sprayed something under my tongue to “widen the veins” now my head is going to explode.
The contrast was indeed warm and made me slightly anxious, but that was ok. My head is killing!
The stuff under your tongue is nitroglycerine spray (nitroglycerine - explosive !) and it gives an awful headache.

Thank you, Paleowoman. I am not sure whether this is related to the nitroglycerin spray or not, but my headache has not subsided. I have been taking pain relief since my appointment. It goes away after an hour or so of taking pain relief, and then it comes back. Also, my stomach is not happy! Maybe it's a virus, but unless I need the spray in the future I will tell them no next time!

themalteser;n882145 said:
Thank you, Paleowoman. I am not sure whether this is related to the nitroglycerin spray or not, but my headache has not subsided.

thats interesting, while I have no experience of having ever been administered that exploisve the stuff should have been out of your system within a few hours (half life is no more than 7 minutes, with average being 4).

So this means something else is an issue.

Did you report the headaches?

I'm pretty sure they started at that time right?

I can't think what else it may be but from what you've said (intensity of headaches and responce to (and failure of) analgesic) I'd take this further.

Is it possible that its postural? I know that I had to put my arms up over my head for some time and it occasionally gives me a shoulder pain for a few days. Could it be something like that?

Hi Pellicle. Thank you.

My headache started almost instantly after the radiologist administered the spray under my tongue. It was intense. Now, on a daily basis, I have a headache when I wake up, and I go to bed with one; It is all over the top of my head. It feels like a migraine as I keep mixing my words, and I feel more tired than usual.

It may be postural as you said. I spend long hours looking down eitheqr on my laptop or phone; so looking down could be triggering these headaches. I don't know; I will try a whole day tomorrow without using my laptop or phone, I have a day off on Monday as well, so I will not use my laptop.

I had stomach issues during the same amount of days; not sure if it's related and also, my breathing is not great. I reported my breathing issue to my cardiologist, but he was not worried. I cannot take deep breaths (or so it feels). Maybe I am hyperventilating myself focusing on breathing that I'm causing myself a headache.

I will speak to my doctor if it persists to next week.

themalteser;n882148 said:
My headache started almost instantly after the radiologist administered the spray under my tongue. It was intense. Now, on a daily basis, I have a headache when I wake up, and I go to bed with one; It is all over the top of my head. It feels like a migraine as I keep mixing my words, and I feel more tired than usual....<snip>....
I will speak to my doctor if it persists to next week.
The nitro intense headache does start as soon as the stuff is administered, it's a known thing, but it should have subsided after an hour or two. You probably have a headache for another reason.....do speak to your doctor if it doesn't resolve.

Thank you Paleowoman. Both you and pellicle said that the effects of the nitro should have been gone on the same day, so it must be because of something else. I will check it out if it persists.

Latest posts

Back