CT Scan vs. Echocardiogram

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

Which is more accurate? With all of my "problems" whether real or in my head, I have been thinking I should just get a CT Scan to put my mind 100% at ease. I have had 2 echo's since surgery as most of you know but I just feel like I need something more accurate.

When I went to the acute care center the other night, my EKG stated "sinus arrhythmia" and "possible left atrial abnormality" maybe that is why the doctor pushed for me to go the next day and get an echo from my cardiologist. i don't think my cardiologist saw this report or knew they gave me an EKG at all. his nurse told me i didn't need to come in for an echo but i could come see the nurse practitioner to reassure myself.

Do you think I should request a CT Scan to put everything at ease so I can just move on? I'm just nervous since I have had 4 in the past 12 months. I don't want to end up with cancer because of my worries.

i wonder how the 3 compare. i heard MRA's are not as accurate as a CT Scan, maybe they are more accurate then an echo? But you are right, I'd rather get one of those compared to a CT!

i wonder how the 3 compare. i heard MRA's are not as accurate as a CT Scan, maybe they are more accurate then an echo? But you are right, I'd rather get one of those compared to a CT!

I've heard the same thing, but I've also read they're the gold standard for aorta imaging, so I'm not convinced which is more accurate. I personally am comfortable with the accuracy of an MRI.

i just want to make sure my graft where my aneurysm was is still in place and functioning and my aortic valve isn't failing even though the echo numbers don't look too good. i just want a final answer on the most accurate test. i am happy with the percentages of accuracy in an MRI vs CT Scan. now i just have to get the courage to once again call my cardio and say hi, even though you said im fine, can u write an order for an MRI???!!!

Latest posts

Back