Craving Spice Post Op?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugchucker

OK I wasn't sure were to post this, either here or Post Surgery...anyone out there crave really spicy food after surgery?

I'm 4 days shy of 4 months post op. As soon as I regained my appetite I noticed that everything I ate was bland. Is it the meds? I ‘m ½ Irish and ½ Swedish, not the typical “spicy food guy”. I have tried every hot sauce I can find from Tabasco Sauce to the stuff labeled “insanely hot” and can’t get enough. I was disappointed so I made my own. Careful, this stuff is not for the meek…but I finally satiated my craving.

4 Habanera Peppers
6 Jalapeno Peppers
2 Large Red chili peppers
¾ Cup White Wine Vinegar
6 Cloves Garlic Minced
½ Large Carrot
½ Squeezed lime
1 TBS Ground Mustard
Salt/Pepper to taste

I roasted all of the peppers until the skins were blackened on my BBQ, pealed them and removed the seeds. Then put all the ingredients into the high speed blender and pureed it until smooth. You may have to add/cut back on the vinegar depending on the consistency your looking for, but I ended up with about the same thickness of Tabasco Sauce.

This is a seriously hot sauce; use it with caution. Keep away from pets, open flames, unsupervised children, and drunks. When handling habaneros use food-safe gloves and thoroughly wash knives, cutting boards, and utensils with cold soapy water and then hot soapy water.

Back