Covid Vaccines

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1628940982470.png

If not for the stress on the healthcare workers and system I am fine weeding the heard since those mostly being infected now are self centered “me” people anyway.

One of the best movies of all time! Funny you should post that meme because I just watched No Country for Old Men on Thursday for about the 5th time. As I was watching it, I was thinking to myself that Anton Chigurh was sort of like Covid-19.

-He's ravaging the south, leaving a trail of death wherever he goes
-He has mysterious origins
-He is seemingly impossible to destroy
-Throughout the movie people make bad decisions, underestimating what they are dealing with, leading to fatal consequences
-Some people come near death but escape it by the toss of a coin

Posted a clip with several of Chigurh's scenes, but decided to remove it as it is a bit graphic for some. lol

Last edited:
One of the best movies of all time! Funny you should post that meme because I just watched No Country for Old Men on Thursday for about the 5th time. As I was watching it, I was thinking to myself that Anton Chigurh was sort of like Covid-19.

-He's ravaging the south, leaving a trail of death wherever he goes
-He has mysterious origins
-He is seemingly impossible to destroy
-Throughout the movie people make bad decisions, underestimating what they are dealing with, leading to fatal consequences
-Some people come near death but escape it by the toss of a coin

These days a little comedy, maybe some Big Lebowski, seems more needed

Big Lebowski is hysterical
I wanted to watch it. It took me about 15 tries to get through it. Its the worst piece of high grade actor movie I've ever seen. I mean I got every "gag" but just was like ...
https://media0.giphy.com/media/jmSSKkRPbJrJef4dhe/200.gifto me it seems Americans (esp Hollywood) take the idea of comedy and sanitize it to not offend anyone and then there's no humour anymore.
Even in Finland people find British Comedy funnier than American main stream comedy.

I wanted to watch it. It took me about 15 tries to get through it. Its the worst piece of high grade actor movie I've ever seen. I mean I got every "gag" but just was like ...
https://media0.giphy.com/media/jmSSKkRPbJrJef4dhe/200.gifto me it seems Americans (esp Hollywood) take the idea of comedy and sanitize it to not offend anyone and then there's no humour anymore.
Even in Finland people find British Comedy funnier than American main stream comedy.
Lebowski didn't do well commercially at first ,it's more of a cult comedy. Maybe you got the gags but perhaps there are subtleties that you dont
Well I'm not really up to date on Scandinavian humor so I can't comment

Big Lebowski is hysterical to me but I guess it doesn't translate well to your people......

In my opinion, The Big Lebowski had the best comeback line of all time.
First, the humor of bowlers talking smack. And then, “Well, uh, that’s just like your opinion man”
So

Maybe it’s an American thing, but I laugh every time I watch that

In my opinion, The Big Lebowski had the best comeback line of all time.
First, the humor of bowlers talking smack. And then, “Well, uh, that’s just like your opinion man”
So

Maybe it’s an American thing, but I laugh every time I watch that

Jesus is going to........

Interestingly, or perhaps not, I believe both movies were directed by the Coen brothers
and yet I love Fargo (the movie, not that crappy series)

You need to understand a basic point here, Australia (like much of the world) is inundated with American shows. I grew up on Gilligans Island, The Adams family, Gomer Pile, Beverly Hillbillies, 21 Jump Street ... locally produced content is essentially zero compared to the tsunami of American TV and Movie content. So if you think that Australians know as little about American culture as Americans know about yours I suggest you think about this more.

Even this locally produced Childrens Science Education program featured an American Physicist (apparently ours weren't good enough showmen)

Julius was an Icon in my childhood and I still quote him today.

PS he's a great fellow and his heart is in the right place

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back