Covid Vaccines

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“CDC admits that a fully vaccinated person is at virtually no risk of being infected by an unvaccinated person.”

For now ... unless / until more variants develop due to an ongoing and viable reservoir of virus In unvaccinated individuals. And you have people medically unable to be vaccinated who are indeed put at risk by your behavior.

You don’t know the long term effects of Covid either. Not sure how you conclude it’s better to risk those than to risk a long term vaccine effect.

........Besides all of that, the U.S. was a freedom loving country until recently, and there is a pressure and a coercion coming down from the highest level of government that is scarily reminiscent of George Orwell's book, 1984.

Why is it that we cannot even have a bonafide public health crisis without you trumpnuts making it into a conspiracy??

Totally agree. All of the conspiracy theories have been debunked by credible sources. The problem is, that the conspiracy believers only watch "news" sources such as: OANN, Newsmax, and Fox News, so they never see it. Brainwashed, and ignorant. But, that is just my observing opinion. If they believe that CNN or MSNBC are slanted, they could give BBC or NPR a try, as they have no reason to be biased.
I happen to be one of those people and got my 1st shot of Moderna yesterday. Bottom line is that this is a personal, individual choice which is being pushed on many. Shaming people who haven't gotten the shot yet. I don't think there is really any real news media anymore. Journalist just don't know how to do their job anymore. I also know a lot of my christian friends have been vaccinated. Please don't generalize all people because they don't believe the way you do. Just my 2 cents and didn't mean this to be a political event.

Wanted to thank you all for your replies. I took my first Moderna shot yesterday. So far just soreness in my shot area and tiredness. Didn't mean for politics to become involved. This site has never been anything but encouragement to me before my OHS in 2013. I appreciate all the long timers that post here. Dick being the most long timer here as he got his valve in the late 1960's and is still here to encourage and lift up anyone trying to make a decision about their valve health. Everyone that posts here gave me someplace to go at one of the most scariest times in my life. At 3:00 am in the morning I could come on this site and feel the encouragement and hope that I would survive the OHS without any judgements made. You come to terms that you might not wake up. That is a very hard thing to come to terms with. Alas, I did survive and am here to worry about getting a shot. All decisions we make about our health should be an individual educated decision. This is the best site for Valve replacement patients. Thanks again for your comments. They are always truly helpful.

I've had both my shots of AstraZenica, the second was 3 weeks ago. Slight runny nose for a day after the first one, no reaction at all to the second one. As others have said:
  • we're already on anticoagulants
  • for me, my assessment was that the risks of not having the jab were greater than having it

Let us know how it goes!
Went well. Only a small amount of soreness in my arm. I have noticed that walking up my very steep driveway this morning that my limbs were heavy. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I have an on-x aortic valve (7 years now - time flies!).

Just had my 2nd shot of Pfizer last week.

No major issues. My first shot really really knocked me out, was extremely tired and slept more in 2 days than I had in like a week. Second shot not as bad but a little tired. Both times had very sore arm that took a couple days to go away, could not lift it above my shoulder first 2-3 days afterwards.

No effect on my valve afaik. INR about the same, maybe a few tenths lower but can't say for sure that was from the shot.

I know people who do not want to get the vaccine, don't trust it, don't trust the drug companies, don't trust the gov't, whatever. That is their choice. Is there a risk of a reaction, sure, like with any other drug but I chose to take the vaccine risk rather than the virus risk (although I do believe I did have the virus at least once already but fought it off both times without major issues - my reaction to the first shot points that way, that my immune system already was exposed so went kinda crazy draining my energy I think).

Noticed we had our valves done about the same time. Had mine done in May of 2013 and got the O-nx valve. So far so good on that one. Thanks for commenting and I did get my first Moderna jab yesterday. Here's to our continued good health and a very long happy life!

Why is it that we cannot even have a bonafide public health crisis without you trumpnuts making it into a conspiracy??
I am sorry that I grieved you Dick. I respect.you and appreciate your reasonable and considerate replies over the years. I am also sorry that you called me a trumpnut, especially since I did not vote for him.

I am sorry that I grieved you Dick. I respect.you and appreciate your reasonable and considerate replies over the years. I am also sorry that you called me a trumpnut, especially since I did not vote for him.

Thank you for your reply and I am sorry for "branding" you. Unfortunately, political comment is easily misunderstood and really should be kept off support forums like VR. A few years ago, heated political discussion caused the original VR.com to split into factions and one faction left and formed another group. VR.org has been around 20+ years and all would agree that it does a good job of supporting both the new and old patients of OHS......lets keep it that way;).

Unfortunately, there is a lot of vaccine hesitancy where I am located. I cannot believe all the nonsense I have heard. Everything from the vaccine being developed in embryonic tissue (false), developed too quickly (false been working on this technology for over 30 years), affecting child bearing status (false approved for pregnancy), will change the DNA of patient (false mRNA wont go into nucleus and quickly degrades). It’s amazing the amount of disinformation. Please if you have access to it, get vaccinated.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of vaccine hesitancy where I am located. I cannot believe all the nonsense I have heard. Everything from the vaccine being developed in embryonic tissue (false), developed too quickly (false been working on this technology for over 30 years), affecting child bearing status (false approved for pregnancy), will change the DNA of patient (false mRNA wont go into nucleus and quickly degrades). It’s amazing the amount of disinformation. Please if you have access to it, get vaccinated.
Thanks for posting Critter. I had my first dose of the Moderna yesterday. Doing pretty good today except for heavy limbs and tiredness.

Given that the virus itself poses almost zero risk of serious symptoms or death to an unvaccinated person who has a healthy immune system,
Where do you get your information? Fox?
Is 1% almost zero? 5%? And we are not talking about death rates. Heard of “Long COVID”?
Do you have a test for a “healthy immune system “
More Fox talking points. Did you know that the COVID virus inserts it’s genetic material into your cells? And the cells start to produce more virus.
And people can get real sick. So if the moronic poorly informed and poorly educated continue to believe the crap on Fox et. al. the virus will persist a lot longer than need be and more unnecessary sickness and deaths will occur.
Maybe you should take a trip to India.

It's pretty hilarious that people jump to 'conspiracy theory' talk when they hear someone that doesn't agree with the main stream air waves. Nobody has brainwashed me, it is quite the contrary, look in the mirror. I have spent at least 2-3 hours per day on average since covid19 became a thing, researching it. I am not a scientist nor do I have a medical background. But I can use my God given brain and common sense.

I will not subject myself to an experimental vaccine on a disease that has well over a 99% survivability rate for most everyone in the population. Also if you had your vaccine, what are you worried about if someone else doesn't have it? You can sit here and try to guilt others to try and take it but it won't work.

I never asked my cardiologist about the vaccine, it wasn't out the last time I saw him. Frankly I've lost faith in most people in the medical industry that push the mainstream narrative. Unfortunately so many have been silenced this past year with censorship and being fired from their jobs.

Have any of you asked yourselves logical questions?
Why does the CDC say less than 10% of covid deaths are only from covid?
If your mask worked why should I wear mine?
If social distancing worked why wear a mask?
When this thing was a big unknown (early 2019) why did they say no masks?
Why have the total deaths not gone up in countries in 2020?
What happened to influenza?
Do you know how small covid19 aerosols are and how even an N95 mask is not rated to stop aerosols so small?
Do you know why study after study is now showing Ivermectin and HCQ as viable treatments?
Do you know that for the FDA to grant emergency use authorization to a 'supposed' vaccine, no viable treatments had to exist? Hence the shutting down of drugs like HCQ.
Did you know the Lancet report made a fake study to discredit HCQ?

I could go on and on, do yourselves a favor and turn off the television.

You should really turn off your TV and CNN and whatever other channels you are watching.
Why don't you go lookup who India's health minister is and his ties to the corrupt WHO.

By the way, people can get really sick from a lot of **** not named covid, including sitting on their couch and watching CNN endlessly.
Where do you get your information? Fox?
Is 1% almost zero? 5%? And we are not talking about death rates. Heard of “Long COVID”?
Do you have a test for a “healthy immune system “
More Fox talking points. Did you know that the COVID virus inserts it’s genetic material into your cells? And the cells start to produce more virus.
And people can get real sick. So if the moronic poorly informed and poorly educated continue to believe the crap on Fox et. al. the virus will persist a lot longer than need be and more unnecessary sickness and deaths will occur.
Maybe you should take a trip to India.

It's pretty hilarious that people jump to 'conspiracy theory' talk when they hear someone that doesn't agree with the main stream air waves.
So, you lament being accused of being a conspiracy theororist, per your comment above, then go on to make about 13 conspiracy theory talking points.
Do you have any idea how completely nuts your comment is? Every one of your conspiracy points has been debunked.

Last edited:
I read stuff like this and I lament "America is so totally screwed" ... such a wasted nation, so much promise squandered.

https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/objects-and-stories/medicine/iron-lung
oh, and by the way dipstick, @dick0236 doesn't have a "narrative"
I agree. Are we (USA) the only Country in the world where Covid vaccination is split along Democratic/Republican party lines?
This article is from last month, but sums it up pretty well:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/04/17/us/vaccine-hesitancy-politics.html

It's pretty hilarious that people jump to 'conspiracy theory' talk when they hear someone that doesn't agree with the main stream air waves. Nobody has brainwashed me, it is quite the contrary, look in the mirror. I have spent at least 2-3 hours per day on average since covid19 became a thing, researching it. I am not a scientist nor do I have a medical background. But I can use my God given brain and common sense.

I will not subject myself to an experimental vaccine on a disease that has well over a 99% survivability rate for most everyone in the population. Also if you had your vaccine, what are you worried about if someone else doesn't have it? You can sit here and try to guilt others to try and take it but it won't work.

I never asked my cardiologist about the vaccine, it wasn't out the last time I saw him. Frankly I've lost faith in most people in the medical industry that push the mainstream narrative. Unfortunately so many have been silenced this past year with censorship and being fired from their jobs.

Have any of you asked yourselves logical questions?
Why does the CDC say less than 10% of covid deaths are only from covid?
If your mask worked why should I wear mine?
If social distancing worked why wear a mask?
When this thing was a big unknown (early 2019) why did they say no masks?
Why have the total deaths not gone up in countries in 2020?
What happened to influenza?
Do you know how small covid19 aerosols are and how even an N95 mask is not rated to stop aerosols so small?
Do you know why study after study is now showing Ivermectin and HCQ as viable treatments?
Do you know that for the FDA to grant emergency use authorization to a 'supposed' vaccine, no viable treatments had to exist? Hence the shutting down of drugs like HCQ.
Did you know the Lancet report made a fake study to discredit HCQ?

I could go on and on, do yourselves a favor and turn off the television.
Funny that you sound exactly like Tucker Carlson. Just asking "innocent questions" that have already been answered. Are you aware of this lawsuit against Fox? Summary; a reasonably intelligent person would not believe what he says. Fox won the suit with this argument.
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/9177...s-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

I have been helped a great deal by this forum since my daughter received her mechanical valve seven years ago when she was nine years old. But to be honest, if this thread had been the first one I read, I don't know if I would have ever returned. Whatever happened to civility and the ability to share diverse opinions cordially? The anonymity that an online forum provides allows a great deal of nastiness that most people would never have the courage to share face to face. Such displays are really disappointing given the purpose of this forum--which, I presume, is to educate and encourage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back