Covid Vaccines

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That’s a leap and not what I said at all. You have never heard anyone say at a funeral, “At least they’re not suffering anymore.”? Regardless of cause, some people are ready to pass. I knew someone over 100 years old. All their friends and siblings had died. They were lonely. They had younger family, but their lives were busy. This person broke their hip and ended up in long term care and died shortly thereafter. They were ready. I wouldn’t wish death on them or be happy they broke their hip and a certainly wouldn’t advocate taking that choice from them as you absurdly suggest. But it was arguably a blessing in their case. This was well before covid.

How in the world you make the leap to an organization that decides such things for people is beyond comprehension.
People say all kinds of things at a funeral to make themselves feel better. I was at one just yesterday where they repeatedly said "we'll see him again in heaven" or something similar. I'm not arguing there is never a situation where someone is suffering to the point where they'd prefer death. Just saying that the entire post by "Tom in mo" loses credibility with me when he declares that nobody does from COVID-19. As far as I'm concerned the rest of his post is just a story to support his agenda

Hi

I’m sure it’s a fairly specific set of circumstances, but isn’t Astra Zeneca the one that some patients were developing clotting issues?

yes, that's correct. Its a bit complex but this is it
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2104840
CONCLUSIONS
Vaccination with ChAdOx1 nCov-19 can result in the rare development of immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia mediated by platelet-activating antibodies against PF4, which clinically mimics autoimmune heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.

Maybe warfarin is a mitigating factor, but having a mechanical valve, that one is on my definite ‘no’ list.

well its pretty rare and is well enough understood now that they already have treatments with non heparin anticoagulants.

More because there are options here, so why take a chance.

seems a reasonable approach, but our government isn't giving the ordinary (and low risk) patients Phizer because we have more of the other.

Anyway, feel free to respond if you’re still able to read this. It’s been almost 10 hours. Hope you’re okay!?! 😁

woke this morning feeling a little groggy and "thin in the head". The left lower deltoid muscle (injection site) feels sore but more like I was poked by someone, a dull sore.

Feel tired. Will probably lounge around the house.

HTH

Hi

yes, that's correct. Its a bit complex but this is it
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2104840
CONCLUSIONS
Vaccination with ChAdOx1 nCov-19 can result in the rare development of immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia mediated by platelet-activating antibodies against PF4, which clinically mimics autoimmune heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.

well its pretty rare and is well enough understood now that they already have treatments with non heparin anticoagulants.

seems a reasonable approach, but our government isn't giving the ordinary (and low risk) patients Phizer because we have more of the other.

woke this morning feeling a little groggy and "thin in the head". The left lower deltoid muscle (injection site) feels sore but more like I was poked by someone, a dull sore.

Feel tired. Will probably lounge around the house.

HTH

My oldest spiked a 102 (Fahrenheit, lest any of you furriners freak out ;-)) fever the day after his first dose. I think he got the Pfizer. They were giving them on campus at his university.

Pfizer has offices an hour south of here from their acquisition of Pharmacia & Upjohn years ago.

I just got my third dose of Pfizer today. Last dose was about 7 months ago. There are still too many idiots not getting vaccinated that some vaccine is being wasted so I did not feel guilty about getting the vaccine. Thank you anti-vaxxers!
Another tidbit I came across about Ivermectin also known as not penicillin.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...term=mostread&utm_content=olf-widget_08042021I am not sure if having heart issues in any way puts me at a higher risk than anyone else in my age group but with the data about the effects of the vaccine possibly waning I thought it might be a good idea to get a touch up as is being done in a variety of places around the world. It really is too bad that more vaccine can't be made available for the poorer countries. Some of the drug companies are making a killing on the vaccines.
As of about 12 hours post vaccination no side effects.

Sad to read of all the covid related deaths.
I came across this-
https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13...-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html?amp=1
This stuck out to me-
“his team's analysis shows that almost every single one of the 100 million unvaccinated Americans who hasn't had COVID-19 yet will likely get it in the coming months”
And
“Lambda, which has torn through Peru and shows signs of having unusual success in infecting fully vaccinated people”
NZ is so lucky, we are still under 30 deaths and our total infection count is less than half the world daily deaths. These new variants are a worry... I’m booked in for my first jab but its 5 weeks away yet..

Last edited:
This **** is funny and it is not funny.
I have a coworker that I have been slowly trying to nudge to take the vaccine. She was dismissive, all about "I take my vitamins" and would go through a list... "my immunity is good, I never get colds or flu"....would go through another list
We work from home so it's not unusual not to see someone for a while. Yesterday she came by and whispered she got covid and was out for a month. Yes she recovered but she is done with sick days and vacation days, who else she infected (and I am talking family members, friends...)
All this to avoid a shot. WHY?

I just got my third dose of Pfizer today. Last dose was about 7 months ago. There are still too many idiots not getting vaccinated that some vaccine is being wasted so I did not feel guilty about getting the vaccine. Thank you anti-vaxxers!
Another tidbit I came across about Ivermectin also known as not penicillin.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...term=mostread&utm_content=olf-widget_08042021I am not sure if having heart issues in any way puts me at a higher risk than anyone else in my age group but with the data about the effects of the vaccine possibly waning I thought it might be a good idea to get a touch up as is being done in a variety of places around the world. It really is too bad that more vaccine can't be made available for the poorer countries. Some of the drug companies are making a killing on the vaccines.
As of about 12 hours post vaccination no side effects.
If you don't mind me asking how did you go about getting a third dose?If you don't mind me asking how did you go about getting a third dose?

I have a coworker whose father in law passed ostensibly from Covid. In reality he had many comorbidities with one foot on a banana peel and the other in the River Styx. They considered Covid giving him a push a gift from God saving him from a long and tortuous ending. You can die from Covid...but not really.

Huh?😱

Hey Everyone, So glad to see you are all getting vaccinated.
I had the AstraZeneca (AZ) Vaccine in May and Aug and just reached that all important 3 weeks post jab point so hopefully I'm almost 100% protected now.
I had a Mitral Heart Valve ( St Jude) at 9 years old in Sydney and now I'm 45.
I would have preferred Pfizer but my doctor said the risk of getting Covid19 is far riskier, than any side effects of AZ.
Apart from flu symptoms, I was absolutely fine and extremely grateful to be fully vaccinated.
The only way to beat this WAR on the VIRUS is to create herd immunity.
Anyway wanted to share even though I take 10 Mg of WARFARIN daily and have an INR target of 3.5-4. I am fine and no issues at all with AZ.
Just had to make sure my target INR was below 4.0 before my jabs. Happy vaccinations team. Such a relief to be vaccinated I can tell you.

Hey Everyone, So glad to see you are all getting vaccinated.
I had the AstraZeneca (AZ) Vaccine in May and Aug and just reached that all important 3 weeks post jab point so hopefully I'm almost 100% protected now.
I had a Mitral Heart Valve ( St Jude) at 9 years old in Sydney and now I'm 45.
I would have preferred Pfizer but my doctor said the risk of getting Covid19 is far riskier, than any side effects of AZ.
Apart from flu symptoms, I was absolutely fine and extremely grateful to be fully vaccinated.
The only way to beat this WAR on the VIRUS is to create herd immunity.
Anyway wanted to share even though I take 10 Mg of WARFARIN daily and have an INR target of 3.5-4. I am fine and no issues at all with AZ.
Just had to make sure my target INR was below 4.0 before my jabs. Happy vaccinations team. Such a relief to be vaccinated I can tell you.
https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13...-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html?amp=1 That article can come off as a little bit OTT and a worst case scenario or maybe even clickbaitish but the reality is unless enough people get vaccinated around the world quick enough Sooner or later we're going to get some really nasty mutations that the vaccines might not work on.

All this to avoid a shot. WHY?
People build a narrative of who they are, for a small few that is based on evidence and understanding. For some its a fiction that appeals to them.

My observations in life are that these people may suddenly change their fiction but main character remains the same

so, to update my reaction to the vaccine (Astra) my fever had largely gone by evening, but I still felt weak and couldn't eat much.

This morning I felt basically normal but the injection site still sore (such as when lifting that arm). Like I had been poked har with something small and blunt but no bruise.

I feel up to working today.

So (unlike the above example) the vaccination made me sick for a day, the virus may mean a month. Seems a good call to me even if I had to pay for it.

... who else she infected (and I am talking family members, friends...) All this to avoid a shot. WHY?

to make a less metaphorical answer

We live in a society, where we benefit from others and benefit others, it is probably so ubiquitous that many forget their social contract. Our actions do influence those around us, as theirs us. We expect to take advantage of society and its benefits, so the implied social contract should chide us into not being self centered and doing what we can to help society.

Unless those involved are idiots.

Let me refresh again the proper meaning of that word (which as come to be confused with stupid in the dumbing down of language as predicted by Orwell).

The truth about idiocy, is that it is at once an ethical and a cognitive failure. The Greek idios means “private,” and an idiōtēs means a private person, as opposed to a person in their public role. A person is idiotic because they fail to grasp their public role, which entails, or should, a relation of active concern to others. Someone who s not involved in public outcome of their actions, who thinks "its not my problem" is an idiot.

This still comes across in the related English words “idiomatic” and “idiosyncratic,” which similarly suggest self-enclosure.

For example, when a foreigner asks him for directions, the idiot will reply idiomatically, rather than refer to a shared coordinate system.

Or won't get a vaccine because he / she "doesn't need it"

Your co-worker is an idiot, plain and simple.

to make a less metaphorical answer

We live in a society, where we benefit from others and benefit others, it is probably so ubiquitous that many forget their social contract. Our actions do influence those around us, as theirs us. We expect to take advantage of society and its benefits, so the implied social contract should chide us into not being self centered and doing what we can to help society.

Unless those involved are idiots.

Let me refresh again the proper meaning of that word (which as come to be confused with stupid in the dumbing down of language as predicted by Orwell).

The truth about idiocy, is that it is at once an ethical and a cognitive failure. The Greek idios means “private,” and an idiōtēs means a private person, as opposed to a person in their public role. A person is idiotic because they fail to grasp their public role, which entails, or should, a relation of active concern to others. Someone who s not involved in public outcome of their actions, who thinks "its not my problem" is an idiot.

This still comes across in the related English words “idiomatic” and “idiosyncratic,” which similarly suggest self-enclosure.

For example, when a foreigner asks him for directions, the idiot will reply idiomatically, rather than refer to a shared coordinate system.

Or won't get a vaccine because he / she "doesn't need it"

Your co-worker is an idiot, plain and simple.
That's the problem. Well one of the problems... So many of these people who are of that mindset have some level of success in their life and I'm not taking anything away from them work-wise but they believe it is all down to them and they do not see the benefits they have received from society as a whole from infrastructure to education to the overall economic system etc so they view any thing they're given back as something being taken from them rather than them making a small down payment on a system that benefited them and now they are helping to do their part to benefit others. In a large part they are selfish and stupid

If you don't mind me asking how did you go about getting a third dose?If you don't mind me asking how did you go about getting a third dose?
I went on line made an appointment at CVS pharmacy for Pfizer. They asked if it was my first or second shot. I said I already had one but there was no question about the second. I went in and expected to be interrogated but nothing happened and I got my shot.
It looks like having a "booster" may be in our future. I came across a 95 year old patient today who is not vaccinated. I asked why and I sort of got "we don't want to be forced" answer. I said good luck. If she gets Covid it might be the short version.

but they believe it is all down to them and they do not see the benefits they have received from society as a whole from infrastructure to education to the overall economic system
yep ... idiots are also successful ... sometimes excellent manipulators and narcissists

In a large part they are selfish and stupid
not stupid, but idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back