Covid Vaccines

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
" Or is this just the beginning to feed the conspiracy theory narrative? " This. I've been down this road on this particular talking point and no matter how many times you post links to multiple different labs that have both sampled the virus from infected patients (ie isolated) and sequenced the various viral clades, there is only denial.

"What does it matter if we don't know exactly where it came from?" See, that's a useful question. Whether it jumped species or was the result of a lab leak, or some mashup of the two will actually tell us useful things about the virus itself and probably should set policy for how to handle future outbreaks.
True but I'm regards to the question at hand, which happens to be whether or not to get vaccinated, I don't think the origin is the most pressing question. The question is whether or not the vaccine is effective and safe

Spartangator - I am not prepared at the moment to respond to your various points but I will do so in the near future after following up on your links and more carefully evaluating your statements. However, here I just wanted to express my thanks for your civil and sincere post which makes it impossible for me to respond in any way other than like manner.

I agree there are some trolls on this site or very ignorant people.

We indeed have a few very ignorant people on the forum. Yet, thankfully, it would seem that we have significantly fewer, as a percentage, than the general population. I believe, and hope, that there is a selection of sorts in play, in that the vast majority of those that find this forum are seekers of scientific truth.
It can seem exhausting to push back at the purveyors of misinformation. Yet, I believe it is important that we continue to do so. The cold truth is that misinformation kills- in the past 16 months it has killed hundreds of thousands. So, may we continue the good fight to counter the noise of those that would indulge in willful ignorance, in that we may prevent some of the harm that they would inflict.

What @spartangator wrote is indeed a detailed and accurate post, however I don't believe you will convince the "unconvincable" nor indeed should you attempt to. I believe that things should run as they should do
View attachment 887975

or we are standing in the way of personal freedom, and natural processes.
You are correct about the 'unconvincible,' of course, @pellicle. That's one part of public health I work on so I know it well, but it doesn't always stop me from fool's errands, unfortunately, because I would love for us humans (me included) to be more mindful, considerate, and well. Sadly, as a species, those aren't our patterns, however.

What @spartangator wrote is indeed a detailed and accurate post, however I don't believe you will convince the "unconvincable" nor indeed should you attempt to. I believe that things should run as they should do

or we are standing in the way of personal freedom, and natural processes.
Respectfully disagree (slightly). The unconvincable will remain unconvinced. However, fighting the good fight and replacing bad info with good info helps the "on the fence".
E6qUcTEWEAEPrwO.jpg

The unconvincable dropped from 24% to 20%, and I doubt will drop much more than that. However, the Wait and See's dropped from 40% to 10%. That's who I'm trying to preach to.

Respectfully disagree (slightly). The unconvincable will remain unconvinced. However, fighting the good fight and replacing bad info with good info helps the "on the fence". View attachment 887977

The unconvincable dropped from 24% to 20%, and I doubt will drop much more than that. However, the Wait and See's dropped from 40% to 10%. That's who I'm trying to preach to.
I have some anecdotal evidence for that. My wife works at a hospital in New Jersey and she was one of the first in her office to get vaccinated. She got her first shot right around Christmas. There were a bunch of others in her office that said they weren't getting it but after she survived as the canary in the coal mine they got theirs. But the hardened paranoid will likely not be moved. Although now they're saying there are a ton of people in the hospital in the United States with it now who are expressing a lot of regret for not getting it

We indeed have a few very ignorant people on the forum. Yet, thankfully, it would seem that we have significantly fewer, as a percentage, than the general population. I believe, and hope, that there is a selection of sorts in play, in that the vast majority of those that find this forum are seekers of scientific truth.
It can seem exhausting to push back at the purveyors of misinformation. Yet, I believe it is important that we continue to do so. The cold truth is that misinformation kills- in the past 16 months it has killed hundreds of thousands. So, may we continue the good fight to counter the noise of those that would indulge in willful ignorance, in that we may prevent some of the harm that they would inflict.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/fkQZ..._2hSoQYKX490kEKnk5waNFYgYWamlPMojwvzuyIFfjxnE

Argue all you want, make me out to be someone that is stating that "I AM AN EXPERT" when clearly I am not doing that, I get my information from "Experts" just like everyone else, and I choose to believe mine instead of yours! Even the numbers from the CDC and on their own sites conflict with what many are saying and claiming! so here ya go, and if ya not even going to watch this, then there is no hope for any of us! we are all truly doomed to hell forever!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/fkQZ..._2hSoQYKX490kEKnk5waNFYgYWamlPMojwvzuyIFfjxnE

Viral mutations are nature like skin colors and hairs on humans. They happen for any number of reason because it is DNA stripping and recombination...anything can happen to proteins.

Viruses are particularly notorious to mutations and shifts. We could have a mutation that kills off virulence. These are ancient cells and they have been around humans for a while. They probably wiped off communities in the past and they stopped spreading.

What people seem to forget is that just like you cannot with certainty predict who is going to die from covid-19. You can only generalise and that is because immunity is a very person specific thing.
Some people have a robust immunity others do not. Where you come from, what your ancestors experienced is in your DNA.
When your cells are infected with a virus that is unpacking its DNA into your cells to replicate ANYTHING can happen. This happens at a higher degree to those who have no immunity ‐ natural or induced.
Therefore you can generalise that the unvaccinated/non-infected population is the major source of mutations especially where there is rampant spread.

Argue all you want, make me out to be someone that is stating that "I AM AN EXPERT" when clearly I am not doing that, I get my information from "Experts" just like everyone else, and I choose to believe mine instead of yours! Even the numbers from the CDC and on their own sites conflict with what many are saying and claiming! so here ya go, and if ya not even going to watch this, then there is no hope for any of us! we are all truly doomed to hell forever!
Not all experts are created equal. I understand the appeal of thinking all of the accepted mainstream experts are in on something but you're too smart to fall for it You found the real deal...... I mean there has to be a part of you somewhere buried in there that realizes that frantically claiming that "we are all doomed to hell forever" if we don't watch the video you linked is a bit drama queenish isn't it?

You linked a conspiracy Bitchute video as your source of information? I don't think anyone will be surprised by that.

For those of you who have never heard of Bitchute:

Per Wikipedia:

" BitChute is a video hosting service known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hate speech. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitChute

It's an interesting link, it seems like every single comment I could read was calling for the extermination of Jews. Interesting audience for that so-called doctor

The site Sharky linked, where he gets his expert information, Bitchute, is well documented as posting anti-semite content, as well as a conspiracy theory hotbed. It is where they post hate speech and conspiracy misinformation that is banned on other hosting platforms.

https://www.adl.org/blog/bitchute-a-hotbed-of-hate

Besides not forcing employees to do so doesn't mean the institution doesn't believe in the vaccine.

True. As Spartangator noted, there are many reasons why institutions don't or can't force all employees to get vaccinated. Many did not force them for fear of legal repercussions. However, the EEOC recently offered guidance that employers can require that employees be vaccinated, so it will be interesting to see if we see some policy changes in this direction.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...ys-employers-can-require-covid-19-vaccination
I had my surgery in March of this year and had not yet been vaccinated. According to one of the nurses caring for me, UCLA strongly encouraged all medical staff to get vaccinated, but did not force them to be. However, I was told that they did require that all staff that care for patients in the heart surgery recovery ward and ICU were required to be vaccinated. I was glad to learn this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back