Covid Vaccine and INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWalk

I'm scheduled to get my 1st Covid vaccine (Pfizer) shot tomorrow. I'm curious if I should expect any changes with my INR? I noticed that Sheenas7 posted that she didn't see a difference after her first Pfizer shot in February. Anyone else?

No noticeable difference in INR after my wife got her 1st Pfizer shot either. Think of it as just another variable that could impact your INR so test as usual and make dosage change if needed.

I received the first Moderna vaccine last Tuesday. No issues or effects other then slight sore muscle for a day.
INR stabilized.

I had Pfizer #1 on March 10 - practically NO negative effects - at least, none that I noticed.

I'm scheduled for #2 on March 31. This may trigger some reactions.

There was NO effect on my INR.

I had my first Moderna jab today. Had a mechanical valve put in 2 weeks ago. I have not tested my INR since getting it, but I am not aware of any data supporting any changes in INR due to the vaccine. I had contemplated waiting a few more weeks, as I am still healing from my surgery and thought that it might not be so good if I get flu like symptoms after the shot, as my wife did, and dealing with that while in recovery. However, CA will open up the vaccine to 16yrs+ in about a week and the floodgates opening might mean that I need to wait several weeks. I had a one time opportunity to get it today and after weighing pros and cons, and checking with my cardiologist, decided to go for it.

So far no symptoms at all.

I had Pfizer at end of Feb and there wasn’t any effect that I noticed

Latest posts

Back