Covid must have been delivered using kryptonite?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman

Tested positive. Somehow it found its way into the fortress of solitude. Fortunately symptoms are very mild. I only tested because my wife tested positive. We think it came from the hospital where she works. She was vaccinated fairly recently (a couple months) but that doesn’t seem to matter anymore. Her symptoms have been a little more severe. More fatigue, loss of taste and smell, the classics. I’d best describe mine as a lung tickle. I had a mild fever that came and went last weekend and some different body aches that are subsiding. But I still taste and I feel mentally sharp.

Hopefully it goes quickly and we’re done with it for a while. I work from home anyway so no big deal there.

Somehow it found its way into the fortress of solitude. Fortunately symptoms are very mild.
glad to hear that. I suspect you have the new Omicron variant which is currently sweeping the USA (and displacing Delta)

All indications on that (well not from the CDC, who seem to have succumbed into becoming a political mouthpiece) are that its a good thing

Best Wishes

Hard to say what variety. My wife’s symptoms were pretty rough for a bit. And I’ve heard the loss of taste and smell isn’t a thing with the latest model, so she might have one of the classic editions. I followed her with symptoms a couple days after her onset, so I’m pretty sure I have that variety since I don’t otherwise leave the house much.

And I’ve heard the loss of taste and smell isn’t a thing with the latest model
stats are that its still a thing with ~20% of patients

Hard to say what variety.
as that guy suggests, with the vast stats being Omicron its a statistical likelihood that is what you have ... of course you could be lucky and have gotten Delta instead ;-)

Very glad that your symptoms are mild.

Get well soon and please keep us posted- let us know if you sense any of your superpowers diminishing :)

I missed this bit:
She was vaccinated fairly recently (a couple months) but that doesn’t seem to matter anymore.

this is not the evidence that is emerging. Vaccination even with Omicron still convers a much lower risk of hospitalisation and a much lower risk of being in ICU.

https://theconversation.com/how-eff...-an-epidemiologist-answers-6-questions-173554
Melissa Hawkins is an epidemiologist and public health researcher at American University.​
4. What about the omicron variant?
The preliminary data about omicron and vaccines is coming in quickly and is revealing lower vaccine effectiveness. Best estimates suggest vaccines are around 30%-40% effective at preventing infections and 70% effective at preventing severe disease.​
From about 9:50​

vaccination with Omicron.jpeg

Last edited:
Back