Covid 19 vaccine recommendations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello, I have a bovine aortic valve and a repaired aneurysm with Dacron done on December 2012 at Cleveland Clinic with Dr.Svensson.
Have you got a vaccine recommendation from your cardiologist or surgeon re which vaccine is better for aortic valve replacement?

Hi Lola,

I have a mechanical valve, and a dacron sleeve, which replaced part of my aorta. I checked with my surgeon and cardiologist before getting vaccinated. They indicated that there is not problem. Received first dose of the Moderna vaccine 2 weeks after my surgery and the second dose a month later. No issues.

I have a Inspiris Resilia bovine aortic valve implanted. My initial two Covid vaccinations were AstraZeneca. No noticeable valve issues with those.

Just had a Pfizer booster (6 October). No noticeable valve issues so far with that.

I have a Inspiris Resilia bovine aortic valve implanted. My initial two Covid vaccinations were AstraZeneca. No noticeable valve issues with those.

Just had a Pfizer booster (6 October). No noticeable valve issues so far with that.

you can get a booster of a different vaccine?

you can get a booster of a different vaccine?

New studies coming out now basically say mix and match for boosters is not an issue. If I recall they actually will likely recommend that JnJ vax people get the Pfizer booster or something other than JnJ to build a better immunity.

I am also on a private FB page where we Post/Discuss the ever-evolving Covid19 research (there is an amazing amount). There have been maybe 6 papers on the issue of sequentially mix/matched types of vaccines. In some countries, this was forced by circumstances of inadequate supply/options. Here is a recent pre-print on the issue (paper has not yet been peer reviewed & published). Note it does Not address the separate (but interrelated for members of this blog) issue of any special concerns for people who are post-cardiac surgery. Heterologous SARS-CoV-2 Booster Vaccinations: Preliminary Report

In Canada we have a lot of mixed vaccine people due to a 'take what's available when it's available' push. Mostly good results. AstraZeneca is suspended because of thrombosis issues. (and we know about that on this board). But males under 40 with heart issues are now told to watch out for myocarditis and pericarditis after Moderna and Pfizer.
Still, serious side effects hit 0.008% of vaccinations. COVID-19 vaccine safety: Summary of weekly report on side effects following immunization - Canada.ca

In Canada we have a lot of mixed vaccine people due to a 'take what's available when it's available' push
interesting, and if you weren't aware of it, emerging as the most robust cover.

AstraZeneca is suspended because of thrombosis issues.

also interesting. In Australia it was examined (perhaps there was a pause in roll out) but then it was understood what was the issue and then all centers were notified of what to look for.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...osis-with-thrombocytopenia-syndrome-tts_0.pdf

I got my booster vaccine today - I was given Pfizer. This makes it the third Pfizer for me. I was rather hoping for a Moderna but no such luck as given no choice as it's the NHS and we get what they have on the day.

I wonder if we'll all have to have another dose of vaccine in another six months time ?

I feel protected against the “vid” along with n95.
such a great phone
1634522999730.png

a real game changeer

Thankfully my Killer T cells are brill as my vitamin D levels are optimal at 60ng/mL (150 nmol/L). It's vitamin D that 'feeds', so to speak, T cells and therefore increases innate immunity ! So with that and the 3 Pfizers I should be good to go :)

I got my 3rd Pfizer shot and I know it perked up my Killer T cells, because of my sustained crappy feeling for 2 days. Moderna vaccination has better numbers as far as sustainability of antibody levels but I’m good with what I got. I feel protected against the “vid” along with n95.

Latest posts

Back