coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dina

i just went to the dr. on teusday, June 27th,my inr was 1.1.....low again. They put me on 10mg of coumadin for 7 days and go back the following teusday to check again....It really is getting on my nerve ,,,I feel like yelling and screaming at them,,but i know it is not there fault..Dr. mentioned it could be the way I am absorbing the medicine..Did anyone ever have this problemand for how long...should I worry about it.

thank you,,,,,,dina

Hi Dina

Has your doctor explained diet? Foods high in Vitamin K....green vegetables, oil, Mayo, etc can have a drastic effect on your levels as they act as an antagonist to the Coumadin.

Taking any vitamins or other supplements?

They say consistency is the key word. But it's sooooo hard to eat the same amount of K every day. I found it easier to omit the food high in K and could get a better handle on my levels. They do not recommend this as it is not healthy......but it's just much simpler at time.

Hi Dina-

It looks as if they are trying to keep a very close eye on your INR. That's a good thing. It will straighten out in time. Just do everything that they say and all will be well.

My husband has been on Coumadin for 24 years. It does fluctuate around quite a bit. But with careful monitoring things work out.

It is very normal to have INR changes. There are so many things that can affect it.

Nancy

Back