coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coumadin

• small talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new forum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

dina

I had a mitral valve repair on 4/9/01 and thre d/surgeon only put me on coumadin for 3 months, the problem is since then i was never in the normal range . It has always been 1.1, 1.0,1.4, 1.2,,only one time it was high at 5.6, i have been at my cardio.soffice every week now too check my inr.They are even confused why it has been that low? Everytime I o in there they always have too adjust it , i am so bothered by it.Has anyone ever had a problem like that..it makes me feel real angry.

"By the way ,this is my first time on the new post."
DINA........

Hi Dina

Hi Dina

Hi Dina-

Perhaps if I could ask some questions about the Coumadin to help me understand.

Are you still on Coumadin?

Do the doctors anticipate that you will stay on it?

Do you know what target range you need for your INR based on what the surgeon told you?

Who is doing the INR checking and dosages?

It's very normal to have to adjust the dosage quite often. Everyone has to.

Do you take your Coumadin every day at the same time?

Nancy

Hi Dina

Welcome.

Estimated guess....could be your diet. Dark green vegetables, Chinese veggies, mayonnaise, oils and other foods contain high amounts of vitamin K which act as an antagonist to the medication. Thus, your non-therapuic levels. Activity level as well.

Some of us like to say when the wind blows or the kids are misbehaving too :). It's a very touchy medication that requires monitoring. Count your blessings that you are not stuck with it indefinitely.

There are a number of websites out there explaining this. You might want to try www.Coumadin.com.

Best of luck to you,

Latest posts

Back