Coumadin Trivia

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa in Katy

I normally get my Coumadin through mail order, but needed to get a prescription filled quickly so went to the pharmacy in my office building. Out of curiosity, I read the Patient Information Leaflet and found the last sentence interesting. "Do not store in the bathroom." Guess I've been making this mistake for almost 3 years now and probably will continue to do so!

There's also a sentence stating, "The FDA has stated that certain generic warfarin products are interchangeable. However, consult your doctor and pharmacist before switching warfarin products." Sounds to me like many are aware that Coumadin and the generics aren't quite the same.

My favorite sentence is, "Use an electric razor and be careful brushing your teeth." Think I'll just quit shaving and brushing my teeth - no risk of injuries that way. No friends either, probably, but at least I won't bleed to death!

you should send that pamphlet in to Consumer Reports magazine, they always have a little thing at the back about funny ads or misspellings, etc.!

Why can't you store your Coumadin in the bathroom? Will it want to flush itself? Maybe it would be more comfortable in the kitchen next to the green leafy chock-full o' vitamin K!

At least you know there is a funny side to coumadin.
easy for me to say, a non-coumadin-er
-Mara

Latest posts

Back