Coumadin horror stories?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

I posted in more detail in Small Talk but thought I would post here also. I am collecting tales of nonmanagement, mismanagement, lab problems, vein problems, etc. prior to giving a talk at my hospital July 25. I may even contact HCFA later this summer if I get enough data to help them approve home fingerstick monitors at least for valve and a-fib patients. Thanks

I'd appreciate your input- - - on regional absence of accessability to INR testing. What do most do when there is no accessability due to doctor shortage, poor or absent monitoring, and no Coumadin Clinics? Am I being too sensitive to the shortage, or is this something that many live with? I've great hopes for the home monitor- - - - whenever I can complete those arrangements, contingent upon a physician visit.

Hey Strayze

Hey Strayze

Hey Strayze-

Move to the tri-cities area of upstate New York. It's a beautiful place to live, and we have wonderful medical facilities here. Great doctors too.

Nancy :) :) :)

Thanks Nancy,

And you have lakes too I presume. And we have the beautiful Chesapeake and lazy living.

STRAYZE

Lakes abound

Lakes abound

We have gorgeous Lake George the queen of lakes 45 minutes away. The Adirondacks, the Green Mountains, Saratoga with its racing and ambience. Montreal is a 3 hour drive, Vermont is 1 hour away.

Nancy

Nancy,

Sounds cooler than here right now, unless you're out in the boat that is. Really, it sounds wonderful.

STRAYZE

Back