Coumadin dosing/adjustment calculator

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

in the post I’ve found some good online resources as a guide for dosing adjustments. I can’t seem to find them now and my INR is high. My target INR is 2.0 with a range of 1.7 to 2.4. Tested at 2.9 this evening. I know I’m still perfectly safe so I’m just trying to get back to my target.

3.0 is my target (range 2.5-3.5) and your 2.9 would be in the middle of my wheelhouse.......but 2.9 is above your target of 2 by 50% and if I was 50% higher than my target of 3 (4.5?) I would hold one dose and recheck in 4-5 days. If I was still on the higher side I probably would reduce my weekly dose by 10-15%. I never make big dosing changes as that can start the dreaded "yo-yo INR".

dick0236;n880659 said:
3.0 is my target (range 2.5-3.5) and your 2.9 would be in the middle of my wheelhouse.......but 2.9 is above your target of 2 by 50% and if I was 50% higher than my target of 3 (4.5?) I would hold one dose and recheck in 4-5 days. If I was still on the higher side I probably would reduce my weekly dose by 10-15%. I never make big dosing changes as that can start the dreaded "yo-yo INR".

Thanks thats what I was thinking I might do

almost_hectic;n880658 said:
But where can I find a good guide for adjusting my dose? Know of one?

the ones i've seen are iffy

reduce dose by a small margin, typically less than 10%

were you the op?

dick0236;n880659 said:

I would call this a good starting point. and yes beware the yoyo

are you (the OP) self managing?

pellicle;n880665 said:
I would call this a good starting point. and yes beware the yoyo

are you (the OP) self managing?

Technically i guess i can't say i self manage. Although thats pretty much what I do. I report my INR to Coaguchek who relays it to my cardio. If I report a reading out of my range they are supposed to follow up with me immediately. At the time I tested and got that high reading it was the weekend I believe and saw no need for my cardiologists office who was closed at the time to be tracked down by the folks at Roche only to have to call me on their day off when I know I was perfectly safe. If am am slightly out of range I usually correct before reporting my INR online to Roche. So I've gotten pretty good at it. I almost never change my dose I usually just adjust my diet. more often than not Im usually not getting enough vitamin K to keep my levels in range. Very rare that I test below my range.

Latest posts

Back