Could someone please read my ecg

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon K

Hello,

Wondering if someone could please help me with reading this ecg.
I bought a Sonohealth ecg reader a while back, and most of the time it puts my mind at rest when I feel my heart is beating weird. For the last couple of days I have been having a lot of missed beats and wondering if this is anything to be concerned about or is it benign? Whenever I am sitting, laying down or resting I am constantly feeling these. Sometimes I might get 10mins or so where I don't feel any but mostly it has been constant for the last couple of days with anywhere from 1-10 occurring in any given minute.

I went to the Doctor today but couldn't get in to see mine and in the 5 min consult it didn't occur. He said they were most likely benign.

I have a bicuspid aortic valve with moderate stenosis and regurgitation and a 4cm ascending aortic aneurysm.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ecg 22.6.19.pdf
    120.7 KB · Views: 373
Did you discuss all the problems you are having in great detail to the doctor you did see? Sometimes you have to be persistent and tell all the stuff that is going on. You have to demand the doctor practically to listen to your health issue and ask many questions about it. Five minutes is not enough time to go over your health concern with your heart health. You have to be the strong one and get heard. You are the one who has to be pro-active with the doctor, whether regular one or not. Be strong, be persistent, and ask a tone of questions and don't leave empty handed. You can do it. Get another appointment with your doctor and be loaded with questions and get those answers. Good luck and be strong. Make them hate to see you. LMAO! Hugs for today.
And one more thing, you did not say how old you are, cause the flip side could be, if you are over 40 years of age, skipped heartbeats are normal as we get older. If you are younger than 40, demand another appointment with your cardio. Or someone who will listen to you and explain what is really going on. Good luck.

Did you discuss all the problems you are having in great detail to the doctor you did see? Sometimes you have to be persistent and tell all the stuff that is going on. You have to demand the doctor practically to listen to your health issue and ask many questions about it. Five minutes is not enough time to go over your health concern with your heart health. You have to be the strong one and get heard. You are the one who has to be pro-active with the doctor, whether regular one or not. Be strong, be persistent, and ask a tone of questions and don't leave empty handed. You can do it. Get another appointment with your doctor and be loaded with questions and get those answers. Good luck and be strong. Make them hate to see you. LMAO! Hugs for today.
And one more thing, you did not say how old you are, cause the flip side could be, if you are over 40 years of age, skipped heartbeats are normal as we get older. If you are younger than 40, demand another appointment with your cardio. Or someone who will listen to you and explain what is really going on. Good luck.
thanks for your response, Carol. I'm 53 and missed beats are not new to me but the frequency in which they have started to occur is. There really hasn't been a let up in the last few days. I don't feel any different, it's just the constant palpitations. If they are still hanging around at the rate they are currently, I will call my Cardiologist's office or go to see my GP. I totally agree, we have to be our own advocate.

hi, bit off field but do you exercise ?

has your exercise increased recently ? the reason i ask is that it may or may not be an electrolyte issue.

Its a simple way to rule it out by taking a high bioavailable magnesium and potassium supplement .

It may be worth a try even if you do not exercise (y)

I have no experience with reading your Trace though sorry

best wishes...

Last edited:
hi, bit off field but do you exercise ?

has your exercise increased recently ? the reason i ask is that it may or may not be an electrolyte issue.

Its a simple way to rule it out by taking a high bioavailable magnesium and potassium supplement .

It may be worth a try even if you do not exercise (y)

I have no experience with reading your Trace though sorry

best wishes...
Hi and thanks for responding. I'm usually fairly active but don't really exercise as such and suffered from multiple bilateral pulmonary embolism in March so am still recovering from that. I'm aware how important magnesium and potassium are for heart health and take regular baths with magnesium flakes and I'm also a clean eater. Can a person have too much magnesium?

Basically yes, but if you bathe the body will absorb what you need.

You can OD by taking too many supplements and one of the symptoms is an irregular heart beat.

The electrolytes were a long shot but still worth considering, plus Sodium.

With the greatest respect
I only say this given your age, at 53 you may be unlucky enough to suffer hot flushes and night sweats.

My wife did, and always ended up dehydrated.

Like i said it's a long shot, good luck with your recovery too :)

Last edited:
You are in normal sinus rhythm with ectopic single beats probably premature ventricular contractions.
These are relatively common especially if they occur by just single beats. If you start stringing them together then they are more serious. If this is new and not seen previously it may have some significance such as more stress on the left ventricle due to a gradient across the aortic valve. But by themselves they generally are not very worrisome. If you have not seen a cardiologist you should.

You are in normal sinus rhythm with ectopic single beats probably premature ventricular contractions.
These are relatively common especially if they occur by just single beats. If you start stringing them together then they are more serious. If this is new and not seen previously it may have some significance such as more stress on the left ventricle due to a gradient across the aortic valve. But by themselves they generally are not very worrisome. If you have not seen a cardiologist you should.
thanks vitdoc, I've had the occasional missed beats for as long as I can remember but the frequency with which they are occurring now is new. At my last echo in March my AV peak gradient was 47 and mean 27. My next echo is scheduled for March next year. If they continue like they are currently I will call my Cardiologist's office. Thanks again for your response

Basically yes, but if you bathe the body will absorb what you need.

You can OD by taking too many supplements and one of the symptoms is an irregular heart beat.

The electrolytes were a long shot but still worth considering, plus Sodium.

With the greatest respect
I only say this given your age, at 53 you may be unlucky enough to suffer hot flushes and night sweats.

My wife did, and always ended up dehydrated.

Like i said it's a long shot, good luck with your recovery too :)
Education time. she is old enough for hot flashes, Skipped heartbeats probably has been since she was 40 years old, nothing to do with the change of life. It is good to be educated on women and the changes as we get older. It starts in our 40's and then the change. You are a great husband to be in the know. Hugs for today.

I didn't want to even open this thread - but I did.
I don't read ECGs - I'm not trained to do this, and don't want to stick my neck out in any way.

However - you said things that I might respond to.

Too much magnesium can be a problem - it helps retain water in the lower digestive tract - too much magnesium can mean loose stools or worse. You have to figure out how much magnesium you can tolerate without major digestive issues.

Perhaps your cardiologist should set you up with a 24 hour holter monitor - this will detect rhythm abnormalities.

I get SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). I take bisoprolol - less than prescribed, but enough to (most always) do what it's supposed to do. My cardio told me that when I get SVTs, I should increase the bisoprolol and the frequency of these events will reduce or stop completely.

You may want to ask your cardio about this (I'm not advocating ANY changes to your medications)

Latest posts

Back