Cough and cold prior to valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astle9

Anyone had their operation cancelled due to either a cough or cold, i am scheduled for 6th Feb and i have a little bit of a cough and cold, not much but you know how these magnify during these times, would the slightest hint put them off surgery or does it have to be a full blown cold.

Hi astle9 - Just noticed your post. The only time I've read of a person's operation being cancelled is if they have a bad cold or cough or other illness. A slight hint wouldn't seem to cause any issues, I mean this time of year many people have a hint of cough or sinus or cold. By the time you get to next week any cough or cold you might have should have resolved itself anyway. The night before surgery, or the morning of it, you will doubtless see the anaethetist who will check everything is all go.

All the very best for your big day next week !

Thank you Anne, i think i may be magnifying things as it really is only a slight sniffle and a very occasional clearing of the throat, i have taken annual leave for this week to avoid work which seems to be having a flu outbreak. Going to be a long few days but i have quite a few things to get done before the surgery and a break from lifting and any excessive work. I am very positive as i realise i really have no choice unless i want a future of deteriorating health and an inability to continue with my personal pursuits.
Andy.

Good idea taking off the week prior. That gives you a chance to nip the cold in the bud, if that’s what it is. Even better, you’re avoiding potential exposure to work germs. Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

I had the exact same experience at about the same time frame before my AVR. I had a slight cold. I was super stressed they were going to reschedule. I took the week before off and stayed in my house to recover and not catch anything worse. Everything worked out okay.

Latest posts

Back