Cost of Coaguchek XS by QAS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susan

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much QAS charges for the Coaguchek XS monitor? Also, the cost of supplies? I'm still waiting to hear from them as to how much I will owe after my insurance pays. Online, it says they can cost about $2500 plus the cost of supplies, which is pretty expensive. I'm trying to figure out if I can afford one. When speaking with a rep from my insurance company, I will have a $750 deductible and they will pay 75%. When I include supplies, that will be pretty expensive for me. Thanks for any input.

Thanks,

Susan call them. If you have to forgo the purchase yourself, it is cheaper. I don't know their pricing for personal payments.1-800-298-4515

Susan:

My take is that Roche doesn't allow discounts on the CoaguChek -- at least I've never seen one mentioned at QAS' website.
Hemosense's INRatio is pretty much the same price as the CoaguChek, but you can get a $1,000 discount through QAS if you pay cash (debit/credit/whatever). You also get the monitor more quickly -- I think I ordered on Thursday and got it Tuesday, or Wednesday at the very latest.

I gave my ProTime 3 to a friend, and QAS sent me forms to forward to the friend so he could be set up for purchasing testing supplies.

Hi. I just got the invoice and the EOB for my INRatio monitor and here is the breakdown:
Protime INRatio list price was $2195.60 CIGNA paid $1976.04 my coinsurance was $219.56
Supplies were $356.95 Insurance paid 90% and I paid 10% which seems to be pretty reasonable.

Rob, That actually answers my question! I spent almost 9 hours calling CIGNA and their subcontractors, only to get to a young woman that had these very figures in front of her, but would not tell me what they were! I don't see any mystery in why healthcare is so expensive, just in why it should stay that way. Brian

I can't believe the cost of the XS in the US. Here in UK we are used to most products costing more here, and I and many others regularly buy from US suppliers because, even with shipping we save money.

I bought my XS directly from Roach UK last February for £399 - around $650 at the present exchange rate, so there has to be something going on here re the big price difference.

Why not e mail Roach UK and ask if they will ship to USA. Bet they would refuse!!!

David.

Back