cosgrove ring

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lynrose

Hi everyone, My name is Lynne and I have a Mvp repair in 1996 . My younger sister had one done last year. Today we were talking and she said she had the cosgrove ring. I had asked my surgeon if I had one implanted for a card came in the mail to me after my surgery stating I had one , however the surgeon said he did not put one in. Just being curious after my call to my sister, I looked up the hospital report I got in 1996 and yes it did say I had one???? Why would the doctor say no. When I told my sister she said , "Lynne , if you had one , they would see it on the echo you take every year." No one has said that they have seen it...my question to you is .....how do I know if one has been implanted in me or not? Thank you very much. Lynne

If you got the card, you have one! By law implants must be tracked in event of recall. Next time you go for an echo, have the tech show it to you.

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Hi Ross,
I got a cosgrove ring inplanted in 5/99 at Clevenland Clinic never got any card though. And when it didn't work anymore what do they do with it when they take out?
Sherrin
Valve repair 5/99
Valve replacement 3/02

They most likely throw it away. Nothing else they can use it for. It might be worth a call to CCF and found out about a card.

Just like with your car

Just like with your car

If you ever have parts replaced in your car, you have the right
to have your used parts back. Ask your surgeon if he would save
any parts he takes out of you. Most surgeons and hospital have no problem with this. That is how I came to have my replaced
Starr/Edwards valve and when they replace my Bjork/Shiley- I plan to ask for it too! It gives me something to look forward to :))

parts

parts

I have a mechanical valve but they gave me a picture of the valve they took out which I have framed. I think it looks like a ravioli with some red things on it which turned out to be vegetation. I would want my valve back if they had to put in a new one since it was a little pricey. Just kidding. I guess you could ask for anything they took out of you since it is yours.

Repair and Replacement

Repair and Replacement

Hi everyone, I had a repair on one of my valves. However I am wondering if anyone here has had a repair and than required a replacement. I have found out my valve is leaking again....thank you :)

I have a question, should anyone who has had a ring (cosgrove or other) implanted during a MVR have received a card of some sorts for ID purposes (or recall)? :confused:

Lynn:

Some people do require replacement after a valve repair. Seems like we have several vr.com members who've gone through this.
Post a query on this as a separate thread in this forum.

Latest posts

Back