Coping with eXtreme heat

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Hi All,

I had AVR in June last year and I feel great. Previously, hot weather would really knock me around. Melbourne is having a heat wave at the moment. Yesterday was 41 C, today it is currently 40 C, tomorrow is forecasted to be 42 C and Friday 44 C and despite these extreme conditions I still feel good. Pre-surgery this would not have been the case. I'm looking forward to the cool change on Friday, but am grateful the surgery has happened as this time last year I would not have dealt with these high temperatures half as well.

All the best.

Phil.

Good Job Phil. Glad the heat is not bothering you. I was watching the Australian Open last night and woweeee you guys are in fact really suffering some heat. Find a cool place with water to jump into and take care.

Hi, Phil, I think you are not alone in find that your body is dealing with heat stress better. This has been my experience also and here in Oklahoma it gets as hot as your part of Australia. It is nice to see your post because those who are approaching valve replacement need to know that they really will feel better.

Larry

Enjoy it Agian - Perth had this rubbish last weekend, iut was 40 at 9am on Sunday! I am VERY thankful for the Indian Ocean and the cool currents coming up from Antarctica :)

It was weird watching footage of the US freezing through a polar vortex while we had the hottest night ever recorded!

31-32 every day here in Queensland; not too bad. We have been watching the tennis on 7 and wondering how all of those tennis players cope. It looks miserable hot! I imagine the water throughput is quite high right now in Melbourne. They were anticipating many homes without power down that way today due to the high heat and load on the electrical circuits. Glad to hear you are coping, and I can chime in to say that I also have found a higher tolerance for the heat post-surgery. Good information to pass along to those anticipating surgery, as said above.

I find that even nearly 3 years out, I still do not deal with temperature extremes very well. Both extreme heat and extreme cold are annoying. I attribute it more to meds than my heart, as my doc's all assure me that all is super well with my heart, but that my meds (diuretic and beta blocker) can make temperature extremes problematic.

Wow, I hope this happens to me also. My heat tolerance is awful. I've attributed this to living in the upper midwest and not getting enough acclimation time (too much AC also). It really bothers me as I'm a native Texan and grew up with parents that wouldn't use the AC, so I know I can handle the heat.

I didn't grow up with an air-conditioner either. How quickly people forget. Every time we have a 'heat wave' there's always some new record broken: 'it was the warmest 3.46 am we've had since 1974.' My dad suffered a bit with his asthma.

I hate extreme heat but don't think it's anything to so with my heart! I just hate 40-plus days are ridiculous! I'm so glad today is cooler. W came home early from a camping holiday (in a cabin that felt like a sauna) as I felt I had some mild heat exhaustion ... Felt a bit dizzy, quite sick and headachy. :mad2::mad2:

I am watching the tennis players suffer in the extreme heat at the Aussie open. Hope they get a break soon! Ice jackets don't look very comfortable.

Back