Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-30

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup... Definitely in the air! Even though I was good and had a veggie sandwich for lunch, DH chose to have some chips and queso with his, which I ended up eating as well... Then at dinner I made the good choice to have salad for our meal. It was delicious, but a couple of hours later I was hungry again... Ended up going in for the chips and salsa again. On a positive note, the jar is now completely empty, so it isn't there to tempt me anymore. I really need to refrain from even buying the stuff! :eek:

Well, I got off my rear and walked for 25 minutes today, at least. I'm going out to lunch with a friend, so we'll see how that goes. Don't know where we're going yet. Hopefully I can make wise choice and eat small portions!

Anyone else go through bouts of depression? I'm down in the dumps today (and yesterday) and that seems to make me eat more. :( I told Nathan last night that I needed to get more exercise so I would have more endorphins and be happier... But it's hard to get motivated to move when you're feeling down.

Gnusgal said:
Well, I got off my rear and walked for 25 minutes today, at least. I'm going out to lunch with a friend, so we'll see how that goes. Don't know where we're going yet. Hopefully I can make wise choice and eat small portions!

Anyone else go through bouts of depression? I'm down in the dumps today (and yesterday) and that seems to make me eat more. :( I told Nathan last night that I needed to get more exercise so I would have more endorphins and be happier... But it's hard to get motivated to move when you're feeling down.

Niki.....you are not alone. When I am blue I eat or sleep or both:eek:

I'm right there with you guys. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I never had trouble with weight gain until my parents died, within two years of each other. I don't think my extra poundage since is a coincidence. Not to mention that I'm now battling the middle-aged spread.

I think you're right Niki - exercise helps - I need to get going again.

I chose okay. I had a Thai Chicken Wrap and a small salad. Not too bad. Probably didn't need to eat the whole thing, but at least it wasn't all bread? ;)

I'm going back out in a few minutes to do some Christmas shopping. I figure I'll hit the outdoor mall, since it's a pretty day today. I'll also get more walking in that way. Unfortunately, I've developed a headache. Hopefully it will go away soon! :eek: I really don't want to sit around the house all day feeling like a bump on a log again. Already did that yesterday. I'm TRYING to push past this down mood I'm in. :eek:

The REF just called me from Florida..She wanted to know if everyone was playing fair.:p I told her..I thought so?:confused: ;) ;) .she said, it costs $20.00 to get on computer at her Hotel..so will not be back on line until maybe Tuesday?......So, you guys behave yourself..:D ..Bonnie

Granbonny said:
The REF just called me from Florida..She wanted to know if everyone was playing fair.:p I told her..I thought so?:confused: ;) ;) .she said, it costs $20.00 to get on computer at her Hotel..so will not be back on line until maybe Tuesday?......So, you guys behave yourself..:D ..Bonnie

Our dear, sweet Bonnie has just revealed herself as a SPY!!:eek: :eek:

Ref is one tough Lady..:eek: ..so don't mess with her..:D Ask Bubba.we all spent a weekend together..in Fla..I think he still has brusies. .from mouthing off at her..:p Bonnie

I have no clue as to what is going on!!!! I was completely out of control this weekend!!!:mad: I mean I did not even try and control what I ate. SuperBob where are you???? I need help and I need it fast.:eek: I did walk this morning and have not had anything but fruit so far today so I am trying to get back on track.

Bread, candy brownies, fried fish the list goes on add infintium. I am really getting tired of the pattern that I seem to have settled into. Try like hell to walk and eat right Monday through Thursday and the go nuts Friday (post weigh in) through Sunday.

Any words of encouragement, wisdom or admonishment? I have just spun out of control.:mad:

cooker said:
I have no clue as to what is going on!!!! I was completely out of control this weekend!!!:mad: I mean I did not even try and control what I ate. SuperBob where are you???? I need help and I need it fast.:eek: I did walk this morning and have not had anything but fruit so far today so I am trying to get back on track.

Bread, candy brownies, fried fish the list goes on add infintium. I am really getting tired of the pattern that I seem to have settled into. Try like hell to walk and eat right Monday through Thursday and the go nuts Friday (post weigh in) through Sunday.

Any words of encouragement, wisdom or admonishment? I have just spun out of control.:mad:

SUPERBOB feels your pain. :eek: Don't beat yourself up so badly. SUPERBOB fell just one slice short of eating an entire large pizza Saturday during the football madness BUT he is down 1 pound this morning! He ate sensibly on Sunday and passed up an opportunity to do a pig-out at a great Chinese buffet. He also worked out.

I think we have to allow ourselves some treats (I think a scone is calling me right now. :) ) but maybe the secret is to space them out and definitely step up the walking. (Problem with that is, it's gotten awfully cold and windy. SUPERBOB thinks he may make up for lost exercise by riding his stationary bike in the basement while watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show on TV tomorrow night. ;) Getting tips for shopping, you know. ;)

So don't get down, Cap't Cooker. Goodness gracious, look at your overall loss. The trend line is great! :)

I will add this admonishment: We have a great seafood place here but folks order heaping platters of FRIED fish. But the restaurant will broil it very nicely -- we always get it broiled. That's not a big sacrifice. Don't fry that fish, man, broil it. That way it's still tasty and also HEALTHY!

My beloved losers,
This is a tough time of year to try and be good. There are office parties, church dinners, family visiting and days designated to pig out - Hanukkah and Christmas. I know we are all trying to be good in varying degrees, but don't forget that tomorrow is another day. As long as we have another day we can still be losers!!!!:D

Yesterday we say the movie "August Rush" and had popcorn. Then we went to a British style pub aptly called The Pub.

I'm glad we have a new day and another beginning. :eek:

Welcome Cammy!!!! You are now officially a ?loser?!!:D This is all about supporting each other and having fun while improving out overall health. It takes gut to jump in like you did and I am sure you will be successful!!!!:D I started at 233 and my goal is 175 so I have a ways to go as well!!!

Again welcome!!!!

Welcome, Cammy! We're glad to see you here. As you can see, we aren't always at our best, but we feel comfortable admitting it and can move back into control (or at least try!). I would advise you to take it slowly. Don't expect too much right away. Especially if you haven't had your surgery yet. We all go at our own pace and worry more about our personal goals than comparing to others. Remember, losing a pound a week will get you there much safer than trying to lose it all at once! :D

As for cooker's "fall from grace" I am right there with you, man! I think it's the winter settling in... hibernation effect. ;) Trying to put on some insulation to combat the cold! Personally, I'm battling the munchies right now. I was good and had an apple (mostly because I couldn't get the jar of queso open!), but I'm still hungry! And hubby won't be home for another 3 hours to have dinner! :eek:

Hi Cammy..and welcome to our diet-thread..:) However, wish you would post in the Pre-Op thread..since you are heading for Cleveland this week for workups..don;t be shy about posting..We love to see new members posting in the pre-surgery thread. ..The main reason we have VR.Com is to help with questions..and support..and believe me..after you post your history..you will have many active members to respond to you..welcoming you, ect....this diet thread is just a fun type thing..but we want to help you with questions, ect.....so go ahead and post in Pre-surgery thread..:) ....see you live in Cary, N.C. we have many members living nearby..(Raleigh).......and your weight issue..as you can see. many of us were over weight ..when we had ours..( except me..:p ) ..gained mine afterwards..:p ..and they all did great....but just don't do anything drastic..like starving yourself..You need to be in good health first.:) Bonnie

Cammy: Welcome! Your weight doesn't bother anyone here at all. You are among friends and kindred spirits! :) In fact, in terms of total weight, I may be numero uno here - XXXLSuperbob. :D Don't feel like you have to post a starting weight every time. I did originally, but lately I've just been posting the total loss, plus the loss since the last weigh-in. I have lost 16 total and when I lose another 20, I will start posting my new weight. ;)

A suggestion: Just go for goals in stages. Set a small goal first, meet it, and then set another modest goal. At least that is the approach I find most workable.

Good luck with your pre-op visits. Glad you found us here. There are a lot of friendly folks who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheers,

Cammy, I'm glad that me and my "silly" buddies did not scare you off in the chat room the other day.....we act silly so that we don't go crazy.:)
Please keep us up to date with your medical situation on the Pre-op Forum, there are lots of smart, up to date people here to help you out.

Latest posts

Back