Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-30

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATS to all you losers!! Sure wish I could count myself among you this week...but since I have next week, that will be my new goal to move off this 160 mark. We had to attend a holiday party last night and I should've spanked my hand when I reached for the canapes. I knew I should've eaten before going so that is the last holiday party I'm going to w/o eating before attending. I can say no to all the goodies if I'm not hungry, but if I am, then stand back Loretta and let me at 'em. So that is my pre-New Year's resolution. And, actually it shouldn't be all that hard to pull off b/c we have made a point of curtailing alot of socializing anyway.

Thanks for making me feel welcome! I am totally lucky to have chanced into this website b/c coumadin was significantly altering my otherwise good humor and I'm beginning to feel like I can get my life back.

Betty, look into finding an arthritis pool in your area as they are always kept in the upper 80's temp. Ours is usually kept at 83-85 so it's pretty warm and tolerable. The last thing you need for your problem is cold water!! Avoid those training pools for swimmers. Your orthopod has probably already suggested you look into different shoes and foot supports, but I thought the orthotic suggestion from Runnermom to be inspired; and then again maybe you're beyond that. It sure would be cool if you could get around w/o doing the surgery.

I've been on vacation for a week, so it will be good for me to get back to some higher aerobic excercise than walking our 10 1/2 yo giant dog with his blown ACL. He's reduced to cking out the neighborhood pmail and it means we go pretty slow.

Cooker, that gal is SO your type! Hubba hubba!

So for this week I'll have to post my high weight of 160 and hope to join you losers on the other side of this zero. I should lie and tell you I'm actually over 6' tall so I don't sound so fat, but since that isn't true I won't.

heartfelt
age 62
wt 160
aortic valve replacement 2006
vascular surgery both carotid arteries 1999

I forget to say "welcome" to you Heartfelt. We're so glad to have another loser with us. I'm also glad to read that we've begun to help you out with your view of life on Coumadin. If you are starting to move and exercise more, just be aware that your dose may need to be adjusted up a bit with the increase of your metabolism.

RobHol said:
What is this with forgetting to take meds? I just realized now, after midnight, that I nelected to take my three supper-time pills. :( So now I have six to swallow at bedtime. Urgh! Maybe we are thinking so much about food, we are forgotting the meds' organizer. :eek: :p

Cooker, you know the Throw Down League lists Prune Juice as a banned substance. Cranberry, orange, or tomato juice are acceptable. As for the Doc giving you a PJ prescription, Ref Mary would have to rule on whether that would supersede the league rules. :p

And, hey, I join in welcoming Heartfelt! : )

It's pretty bad when the ref/weight loss participant has to check in on the road just to declare that a prescription for prune juice might be allowable. Of course we would have to see a copy of the prescription first.
And that would open the thread up to taunts directed at our chimp leader that his doctor even believes that he's full. . . . I won't finish that thought!
Congratulations to everyone who has lost this week, who stayed the same, or those who gained. Just weighing in is a sign that you're on the right track!
As for me, they've got a nice fitness center here, and we're going to get a workout before dinner. Is that dedication, or what?:D :D

Crud... I am afraid to weigh in today so I will do so in a week-I can tell my jeans are a bit tight...:( Deb ps I have been stress eating..job issues....

Mary said:
It's pretty bad when the ref/weight loss participant has to check in on the road just to declare that a prescription for prune juice might be allowable. Of course we would have to see a copy of the prescription first.

Patient: ChimpBoy Cooker

RX: Prune Juice
Refills: 325

Instructions: 16 Fluid Ounces To Be Taken At Bedtime

Dr. Aranga Tangg MD

Mary..glad to see you arrived safely in Tallahasse..Fla..:) ..enjoy your trip on into Orlando tomorrow......Just what kind of workout are you and Hubby going to get in before dinner?..:D :p ;) ;) .......O.K. guys..be nice...:p I am just feeling frisky tonight..due to my breaking into the 160's..Still 169..today..:D ..........Congrats to everyone..for just staying with this diet thread....Posting your loss, gain or even..:) ........I want to welcome Heartfelt and Sumo.....Heartfelt..160lb is not bad..even if you are not 6 ft. tall.....I am 5 ft. 6 in..age 67...Most of my fat is around my middle...waist, ect.......but with my 9 lb loss...sure feels better when I zip up my jeans..:p ......I also walk my dog (papillion).several times a day..he also likes to stop and smell the Roses..( aka..other dogs pee-pee)......so, I take one time during the day..to just walk without him..Even if it is just 15 minutes.......try to get in a good/hard walk.....Bonnie

cooker said:

Patient: ChimpBoy Cooker

RX: Prune Juice
Refills: 325

Instructions: 16 Fluid Ounces To Be Taken At Bedtime

Dr. Aranga Tangg MD

I don't see an FDA # - I'm calling the FBI!

The FBI has released this photo of Dr. Arranga Tangg. Apparently he has been prescribing himself large quantities of prescription strength PJ. He is believed to have the runs...oh, I mean...he's believed be on the run.

cooker said:
Welcome aboard Jack!! The more the merrier!!!

I should have reported in a day later. My body decided to do a core dump overnight. No prune juice required. I dropped back to my pre-thanksgiving weight this morning. Two lbs lower than Friday. It was a 10 day cycle where the day before T-day I was at 202, then went to 206 after the weekend and 5 days later right back to 202 again. So I'm back on track and much merrier.

Hold on now!!! What?s all this talk about federal law enforcement?:eek: To my knowledge Prune Juice has not been added to the ?Controlled Substance? list!!!! Dr. Tangg is well respected in his small, but elite circle of colleagues!!!!

You seem to have failed to take in to account that the digestive system of the chimpanzee is very different from that of the human.:mad: I have had to make many adjustments living among the human species and have done so with minimum complaint or protestation to the lack of latitude that I have been afforded. Also, you have assumed that the prescription has been filled. I explained to Dr Tangg that I was involved in this ?Throw Down? that is ruled by a human Ref and human laws and that I felt compelled to abide by those rules and laws.:rolleyes: He advised that I would be putting myself a serious risk of developing ?FOS Syndrome? if I failed to follow his prescribed treatment and labeled me non-compliant.

Pick on someone else would ya!!!!! :D :p :D

The Ref says that PJ is a controlled substance. Federal Law regulates controlled substances. Chimp or not, you live in the US - you must abide by US law and so must Dr. Tangg. (And I want to see his med school diploma!)

cooker said:
Hold on now!!! What?s all this talk about federal law enforcement?:eek: To my knowledge Prune Juice has not been added to the ?Controlled Substance? list!!!! Dr. Tangg is well respected in his small, but elite circle of colleagues!!!!

You seem to have failed to take in to account that the digestive system of the chimpanzee is very different from that of the human.:mad: I have had to make many adjustments living among the human species and have done so with minimum complaint or protestation to the lack of latitude that I have been afforded. Also, you have assumed that the prescription has been filled. I explained to Dr Tangg that I was involved in this ?Throw Down? that is ruled by a human Ref and human laws and that I felt compelled to abide by those rules and laws.:rolleyes: He advised that I would be putting myself a serious risk of developing ?FOS Syndrome? if I failed to follow his prescribed treatment and labeled me non-compliant.

Pick on someone else would ya!!!!! :D :p :D

I give up! Give The Chimp his prescription Prune Juice. Also, give him a golden shovel because he can surely shovel it more adeptly and in more quantity than any one else on this Throw Down. :p

RobHol said:
I give up! Give The Chimp his prescription Prune Juice. Also, give him a golden shovel because he can surely shovel it more adeptly and in more quantity than any one else on this Throw Down. :p

LOL!!!! SuperBob cracks me up again.....laughter "IS" the best medicine:D :D

OOPS :eek: :( ...intentionally forgot to play this week...am having a fat week due to overindulging in tasty treats...now that my tummy is bloated from too much junk I am back to eating the good stuff. Hopefully now I wont repeat this at Christmas.

Ohmyohme! What is the consequence of one binge? I had been doing so well. Tonight we were going to have a small steak grilled on the George Foreman grill, and some veggies. But my wife forgot to thaw out the steak, so I volunteered to order a large pepperoni and black olive pizza. Our granddaughter was with us, so I figured she would eat at least three slices. But then our daughter took her home before the pizza arrived, my wife ate just one piece and said she wanted no more, so I wound up eating the whole pizza while watching some exciting college football. :eek: :eek: :eek: It tasted so good, but....

The Man of Steel has been riding his exercise bike tonight trying to burn off some of those calories. He will refrain from obtaining PJ, either prescription or not. :p Hopefully one binge will not hurt my progress if I don't follow up with more ridiculous chowing down like tonight. :D

RobHol said:
Ohmyohme! What is the consequence of one binge? I had been doing so well. Tonight we were going to have a small steak grilled on the George Foreman grill, and some veggies. But my wife forgot to thaw out the steak, so I volunteered to order a large pepperoni and black olive pizza. My granddaughter was with us, so I figured she would eat at least three slices. But then my daughter took her home before the pizza arrived, my wife ate just one piece and said she wanted no more, so I wound up eating the whole pizza while watching some exciting college football. :eek: :eek: :eek: It tasted so good, but....

The Man of Steel has been riding his exercise bike tonight trying to burn off some of those calories. He will refrain from obtaining PJ, either prescription or not. :p Hopefully one binge will not hurt my progress if I don't follow up with more ridiculous chowing down like tonight. :D

Must be something in the air or the phase of the moon:mad: I was up 2 pounds this morning which I don't understand and today I have just pigged out:mad: :mad: Thank goodness we can start fresh every day. I have just snacked all day:mad: I could just kick myself:mad:

Back