Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-30

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Hearfelt!!
The beauty of all of this is there really are no rules!!! We weigh in once a week on Fridays. As you will see everybody relays their progress or lack there of in different ways.:eek: You don't have to list your weight but some do. We have loads of fun and I'm sure you will too. We joke and jab back and forth but it is all in good fun and underneath is an earnest desire to improve out overall heath and get down to the correct weight. So jump in and welcome to the "losers club"

Oh I almost forgot........Pune Juice is a banned substance by directive of "The Ref"
Tom

Gnusgal said:
Progress, perhaps???

I imagine I'll end up eating some of it later, but I'm just not interested right now. And I didn't even snack as I made the food!

Still think I'm going to be up tomorrow for the weigh in, though. :(

Niki....sure sounds like progress to me!!!! Way to go. I think you will do fine on the weigh in!! I have found that when I weigh in and have no loss or a gain it really gets me jump started for the next week and keeps me pushing. Always remember this is not a race and that there is no shame in gain. The success of others helps me to be positive........I had decided in my mind that a 5 lb or so gain would be acceptable over the holidays but after seeing some lose weight over Thanksgiving week I decided that was BS....for me anyway. We can do this!!!!!
Tom

Welcome, Heartfelt! It's great to have another "loser" in board. :D Cooker gave you the "skinny" so I'll just say good luck. :D You'll see a bunch of "weigh in" posts tomorrow (we try to do them on Fridays but some people pick a different day for various reasons). I'm sure you'll get the general idea. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I must say that the Throw Down has been GREAT for me and it really helps to keep me accountable. Except this week, apparently. Next week will be better, I hope.

cooker said:
Niki....sure sounds like progress to me!!!! Way to go. I think you will do fine on the weigh in!! I have found that when I weigh in and have no loss or a gain it really gets me jump started for the next week and keeps me pushing. Always remember this is not a race and that there is no shame in gain. The success of others helps me to be positive........I had decided in my mind that a 5 lb or so gain would be acceptable over the holidays but after seeing some lose weight over Thanksgiving week I decided that was BS....for me anyway. We can do this!!!!!
Tom
Ugh. I ended up eating some soup after all. Not a huge portion, but enough. But I also noticed that I forgot to take my meds last night! :eek: Which means I missed a dose of lasix (could explain the fluid this morning) AND coumadin and the rest of my billion night meds. :mad: I can't believe I did that. Here's hoping it doesn't throw me off too much. But it may mess things up for the next day or so (in more ways than one) as my body adjusts. Would it be illegal if I took a double dose of lasix tonight? Just to get rid of this fluid... :eek:

Gnusgal said:
Would it be illegal if I took a double dose of lasix tonight? Just to get rid of this fluid... :eek:

I don't know about lasix......but it seems to me if it is a prescribed med then "The Ref" can't ban it.......wonder if I can get my cardio to write me a prescription for Prune Juice:D :D :p What do you think SuperBob??

What is this with forgetting to take meds? I just realized now, after midnight, that I nelected to take my three supper-time pills. :( So now I have six to swallow at bedtime. Urgh! Maybe we are thinking so much about food, we are forgotting the meds' organizer. :eek: :p

Cooker, you know the Throw Down League lists Prune Juice as a banned substance. Cranberry, orange, or tomato juice are acceptable. As for the Doc giving you a PJ prescription, Ref Mary would have to rule on whether that would supersede the league rules. :p

And, hey, I join in welcoming Heartfelt! : )

Well, the numbers are in and as expected I am posting a gain:p :rolleyes: I am up two pounds. I posted no loss last week and now a gain this week. I could be upset and pitch a chimp fit but I will not. I made a mental list of my eating/exercise over the last two weeks and I'm lucky to be where I am. If I don't get with the program my Christmas goal of 199 will be hard to reach. But as I and others have said, this is not a race. It is about changing our lifestyle and that will not happen over night. I am looking forward to seeing the success's posted by some of our losers who obviously have more self control than I do:D :D

Starting weight........233
Last Week...................207
This week....................209
Weekly Change............+2
Total Loss......................24

Starting weight: 142
Last week (Wed): 132
Last week (Friday): 130
This week: 130
Week's change: 0 (if I go from Friday)
Total change: -12

I did end up taking a double dose of lasix last night, and BOY did the fluid flow! :eek: I think that is the main reason I am not showing a gain. It's weird, though. I still feel some tightness in my fingers and ankles, so I figured I'd be up. But it's not even like the needle was ALMOST on the 130. It was very clearly the 130 and maybe even a smidge below it! I had to do a double take.

Thanks everyone for your support. And cooker, 2 pounds is nothin in the grand scheme of things (sound familiar? ;) ). You are learning from your mistakes and I bet the Christmas holidays will be easier for it! I know you can reach your goal by Christmas and then some! :D

All-righty then, my first input. Don't have last Friday's but here's the current. It's up a couple from before T-day but I expect it to continue downward until Xmas. I'm aiming to be under 200 by my 60th birthday in late January. Last time I was under 200 was several months prior to my valve replacement in 1991.

Peak wt (April) 246, Today 204

Gnusgal said:
Starting weight: 142
Last week (Wed): 132
Last week (Friday): 130
This week: 130
Week's change: 0 (if I go from Friday)
Total change: -12

I did end up taking a double dose of lasix last night, and BOY did the fluid flow! :eek: I think that is the main reason I am not showing a gain. It's weird, though. I still feel some tightness in my fingers and ankles, so I figured I'd be up. But it's not even like the needle was ALMOST on the 130. It was very clearly the 130 and maybe even a smidge below it! I had to do a double take.

Thanks everyone for your support. And cooker, 2 pounds is nothin in the grand scheme of things (sound familiar? ;) ). You are learning from your mistakes and I bet the Christmas holidays will be easier for it! I know you can reach your goal by Christmas and then some! :D[/QUOTE

Niki, I think extra Lasix is not a bit of a cheat if there is extra accumulated fluid to take off. Enjoy your weight loss.....just think, very soon you will be in that land of the 120s!.

SumoRunner said:
All-righty then, my first input. Don't have last Friday's but here's the current. It's up a couple from before T-day but I expect it to continue downward until Xmas. I'm aiming to be under 200 by my 60th birthday in late January. Last time I was under 200 was several months prior to my valve replacement in 1991.

Peak wt (April) 246, Today 204
Welcome aboard Jack!! The more the merrier!!!

heartfelt said:
I hope it's okay if I join in here. Wow what an inspiration you are Sumorunner! Not just for your weight loss but for going after the excercise in such a determined way! I'm always so glad to see extreme excercise being done instead of us all laid up from our OHS surgeries.
Betty, I am sorry to hear you may be facing surgery. Can you do any water walking? I teach aquacise 6 hrs. a week and what got me into it was a Harvard study done on water walking that determined 30min. of walking in water was equivalent to walking on dryland for 2hrs.! Anytime I hear I can knock out 2 hrs. of excercise in 30 min, well, sign me right up. The reason it works so well is you are pushing 12x the force of air in the water; the reason one needs to cross train with aquacise is that it is non-weight bearing so you need to do something that is weight bearing as well. In your case, it may be less painful to get the excercise in the water. It is a fabulous place to heal knee, hip and shoulder replacements and it should never hurt you to work out in water. If you wear a float belt you can work out in the deep end of the pool and your feet will never touch except for going in and out of the pool. I found aquacise to be so wonderful and to do so much good for so many people that I got certified to teach it. If I sound a little biased and passionate about it, it's b/c that I am.
I have gained 20 lbs. since my surgery. Naturally, I've been blaming it all on coumadin, but I think the truth is that I've been angry about having to be on coumadin b/c I was told I had to be so restrictive with everything about it, so I've pushed it to the limit (given my rebellious nature) and now I'm trying to swing back from my extreme behavior into the center. I'm becoming less angry but still have a weigh to go...so tell me the "rules" about how to play here. Is all I really have to do is a banana a day? Sign me right on up!
hearfelt

Thank you for the encouragement. We belong to a fitness center with a nice pool but the temperatures are kept so cool that it just isn't a nice place for my husband and I to go in the winter months. (I am a bit of a whimp when it comes to cold water). We have the plans all drawn for an addition to our home to install an exercise pool. We are on mandatory severe water restrictions because of drought conditions so plans are on hold since no permits are being issued. We are proceeding with the changes to our existing bath that will allow access to the pool area when the drought is over.

I joined the throw-down late too so I'm real glad to have you here with us. You can do it and get that extra weight gone!

I can't believe it's 9:30 am and there are already 51 posts on this thread! I can't possibly read them all but I do want to encourage everyone.

Betty, two pounds is awesome! I hope you don't have to have surgery on your foot. I looked up PTTD and found I could relate a little: I had posterior tibial tendonitis when I was training for a marathon in 2001 and it was quite painful--orthotics in a good "motion control" running shoe fixed me up. I didn't realize it could progress to where you are. In relating your story you are also causing me to make a mental note to make sure my son returns to walking gradually after his cast is removed on Christmas Eve (which will be hard for him because we're leaving for FL on the 26th and taking our first cruise for 5 days).

Niki, Bob and Tom keep up the struggle. Has anyone tried Kellogg's All Bran Bars? The raisin ones taste just like a naughty oatmeal cookie only they don't have a lot of fat and they have 5 grams of fiber--who needs prune juice??? The Hostess 100 calorie packs of chocolate cupcakes are similar in content and verrrry yummy. For me, allowing myself these (and other) sweet things gets me through between the small portioned meals.

Welcome Heartfelt and (again) Sumo! Glad to have your help battling the beast!

Now, for the stats.....(drum roll, please)....I am happy (and amazed) to report that I am down 1.5 pounds! So, it's like this:

Starting weight 179
Last week's weight 158
This week's weight 156.5
Total loss -22.5

(BTW, I know she's not an official poster, but my 17 year-old daughter is down 34.8 pounds! She looks so good!)

Change since July 30: minus 19 pounds

Change since Thanksgiving eve: minus 3 pounds

Stepping up the walking, limiting the scones (and bread and potatoes), and junking the chunky peanut butter is working well for SUPERBOB.

Wow, PJ! That is wonderful (for both you and your daughter)! Keep up the good work...

BTW- I hope you guys realize that you have invaded my work space. I never get on VR at work, but the last few weeks I just can't help checking in! :D

CINDY SPEAKING:

After three Thanksgiving dinners, a big meal at Derby Dinner Playhouse (saw "White Christmas"), sabotaging ourselves with the best pizza in town with some Pinot Grigio, and then last night we ate at Chili's. I was going to have the Caribbean Chicken Salad. I even ate some before we left so I wouldn't over eat, but when I got there I was starved...so...I had a BBQ Ranch Burger (with cheese & bacon), fries...and...a salad. After dinner we had lite ice cream. My daughter and grandchildren came in from Georgia last night...then I had a chocolate chip cookie with the kids. :eek:

So, I'm up 4 lbs this week. :eek:

WISE SPEAKING:

Starting Weight: 195.5
Weight Last Week: 192.5
Weight Today: 194.5
This Week's Change: +2
Total Change: -1

I actually happy with that result. I expected to be up five or six lbs. I begged out of the dinner playhouse outing (musicals, yuck). I had the pizza though.

So, now we'll get back to losing. We'll be so glad to starting making real progress.

I'm up a pound.

Pre-T-giving 150
Today - 151

I figure that as a success. Now back on track.

PJmomrunner said:
I can't believe it's 9:30 am and there are already 51 posts on this thread! I can't possibly read them all but I do want to encourage everyone.

Betty, two pounds is awesome! I hope you don't have to have surgery on your foot. I looked up PTTD and found I could relate a little: I had posterior tibial tendonitis when I was training for a marathon in 2001 and it was quite painful--orthotics in a good "motion control" running shoe fixed me up. I didn't realize it could progress to where you are. In relating your story you are also causing me to make a mental note to make sure my son returns to walking gradually after his cast is removed on Christmas Eve (which will be hard for him because we're leaving for FL on the 26th and taking our first cruise for 5 days).

Niki, Bob and Tom keep up the struggle. Has anyone tried Kellogg's All Bran Bars? The raisin ones taste just like a naughty oatmeal cookie only they don't have a lot of fat and they have 5 grams of fiber--who needs prune juice??? The Hostess 100 calorie packs of chocolate cupcakes are similar in content and verrrry yummy. For me, allowing myself these (and other) sweet things gets me through between the small portioned meals.

Welcome Heartfelt and (again) Sumo! Glad to have your help battling the beast!

Now, for the stats.....(drum roll, please)....I am happy (and amazed) to report that I am down 1.5 pounds! So, it's like this:

Starting weight 179
Last week's weight 158
This week's weight 156.5
Total loss -22.5

(BTW, I know she's not an official poster, but my 17 year-old daughter is down 34.8 pounds! She looks so good!)

My Gosh! That is totally awesome!

RobHol said:
Change since July 30: minus 19 pounds

Change since Thanskgiving eve: minus 3 pounds

Stepping up the walking, limiting the scones (and bread and potatoes), and junking the chunky peanut butter is working well for SUPERBOB.

Keep up the good work! Thanksgiving weight gone and now on to new territory!

Latest posts

Back