Cookers Weigh In---FridayThrow Down 11-30

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobHol said:
Is that some kind of Prune Juice dispenser ChimpBoy is cooked up, I mean hooked up to? MARY? :p :p :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL!!!!! Now there's an idea!!!! Thanks SuperBob!!! ChimpBoy Enterprises will register a patent no later that Friday!!!!

I wil be tickled pink..if I can lose 6 more pounds by the deadline.:D .Making it a grand total of $15.00 to donate......I think I can manage donating that amount.:p .........Just hoping to keep my weight in the 160's for the next few months..and not let it creep back up.......:p Bonnie

Great job, Bonnie and Mary! :D We must really be on a roll around here. To have actual loss to report in the midst of holiday festivities is an amazing feat to say the least!

I'm back to the 130 I was last time, thank goodness. I did not like seeing the scale jump up 4 pounds like that on Monday. :eek:

I did get a cryptic message from my EP (electrophysiologist)'s nurse today. He said that my EP talked to the docs at Mayo and they should "keep an eye on my threasholds and not do anything at this time" ??? I didn't know there was something that needed to be watched??? Was it the fluid fluctuations? That's the only thing I can think of. I'm going to try to find time to call tomorrow and get some clarification. When I was in the office the EP didn't make it sound like he was all that worried. Guess I should have called in my fluid and chest pain issues on Monday. :confused:

RobHol said:
Is that some kind of Prune Juice dispenser ChimpBoy is cooked up, I mean hooked up to? MARY? :p :p :p

If it's a prune juice dispenser, then he's silly to be using it in conjunction with a treadmill!:eek: :eek:
Hmmmmmmm
It probably is!:p :p

Help!!! I can't stop eating! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It started Tuesday night. We went out for sushi (yes, I know, too much sodium, but it tastes so good!) and not long after (maybe and hour) I was starving again. So I ate some more food (can't remember what right now). Then yesterday morning I woke up starving again. So I stood at the counter and ate chips and salsa for breakfast! :rolleyes: At lunch I only ate what I brought, but when I was finished, I hardly felt like I'd eaten anything at all... Then last night Nathan made a new dish (mac n cheese lasagna) that was SO good (but HIGH in sodium). I ate a serving... went back for seconds... then an hour or so later I went and had a snack! :eek: Granted, the snack was tomato slices and mozzarella, but once again, high sodium content (in the cheese). This morning I woke up again VERY hungry. I ate some cereal (better choice than salsa, I assume)... I'm still hungry. Everything in the fridge looks good. I want to eat, eat, eat! What's wrong with me?! I was doing so well!

Oh, and this morning, I was up 3 pounds of fluid. :( Well, I'm sure most of it was fluid. Could have added a pound of "real" weight too, with all that eating. :rolleyes:

SUPERBOB, I need you to come rescue me!

Niki....I go through periods of stuffing my face too:D I think we all do it from time to time. Don't beat yourself up about it. It will pass and you will get back on track!!!!

SUPERBOB thinks the chips and salsa are the problem. They set you off. Hand those over, SUPERBOB is here to save the day! :)

Kryptonite for the Man of Steel, on the other hand, is crunchy peanut butter. Last night, he found himself eating it with a spoon right out of the jar. This morning he has just tossed the rest of the jar in the kitchen garbage. Guess he will just have to give up the peanut butter or find some variety that is not so addictive. :(

It takes a few days for a huge feast to move through your system. If you just ate big on one day, then you'll retain that bolus in the intestines for 3 days. Were you to go back to light eating immediately and not go overboard again, then at the end of 3 days pretty much all of the excess will be gone. No permanent gain should result, or rather such a small one that it's easy to get rid of in a week or so.

The problem I had was that I overate for the whole thanksgiving weekend, Thu-Sun and there's repercussions to sustained gluttony in that some of it permanizes itself and it will take many more days after getting back on a light schedule to shed the excess. I found myself up 5 lbs on Monday morning and have since shed about a half pound of that each day, but I suspect it will take another full week to get back to where I was prior to T-day.

That's the price you pay for gluttony, but since I had such a great holiday, it was worth it. Now the trick is to maintain the lighter eating and not go back to stuffing myself. All of the leftover pies and chips and junk foods are gone and our fridge looks normal again, so if they're not there the process is easier to control.

Tomorrow is the big day!!!!! First post Thanksgiving weigh in.:eek: We have had some early reports that were great!!! I am sure I will not keep that trend going.:eek: Best of results to all losers. Even though the Ref is away I vow to remain PJ free. I am going to try and step up my exercise in order to reach my Christmas goal. These are perilous times!! The goodies are everywhere. Cold cloudy South Carolina days make me want to curl up with a box of chocolates, a sure fire cure for the winter blues, yes even chimps get depressed.:(

We seem to have lost a few of our crowd??.not as many weighing in. Come on back, there is strength in numbers??..Peace

I will willingly, albeit reluctantly, weigh in tomorrow. I won't be pretty I'm afraid.
In another thread I told Cort I would be having two Thanksgiving meals. I forgot one. So we had full Thanksgiving meals on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I don't see lots of hope for this week. So quoting Nancy, "I'm not giving up, I'm not giving in." I'll just take the hit and go on from where I happen to be in the morning.

Wise

RobHol said:
Aye, Aye, Cap't Cooker, Sir. :p

(You rate respect just so long as you remain off those banned substances.) :p

I promise to remain Prune Juice free, chimps honor??:D But I am sure that there are those in the Throw Down using fiber supplements.:eek: With the lack of vegetation due to the Vitamin K issues I am pretty sure that Metamucil is a staple:cool: :cool:

SumoRunner said:
I only monitor the active lifestyle forum, so I haven't posted to this thread before. I'll introduce myself with two pics from my annual 15 Km road race. The first one from Nov. 2006 and the second from Nov. 2007. It's about a 40 lb difference and 12.5 minutes faster.

stockade-06-4.jpg

stockade-07-6.jpg

Truly Awesome! A real inspiration, thanks.

Down one more pound! I weighed 181 this morning which is 6 lbs down from my starting weight.

Niki, hang tough! Those of us who battle the fluid thing more than understand. Just try not to sabotage your weight loss on the days when you are feeling down because of the extra fluid. It will drain off again.

Congratulations to everyone who lost in the last couple of weeks.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I may be facing another surgery. Some of you know the orthopedic problems that I have struggled with for many years but I got hit broadside with this one. I have neuropathy in my feet as well as a lot of arthritis and had ankle surgery years ago and part of that surgery involved removing the sheath of the post-tib tendon. Several weeks ago I developed pain and major swelling in my right ankle. It has gotten worse as my time out of the cast boot(I fractured my foot in August) has increased. Yesterday I was diagnosed with PTTD that has really advanced quite rapidly. I've lost the arch in the foot and from what I was told it isn't something I can ignore especially due to my orthopedic history. Weight Loss will help.......I have got to stick with this and try to help myself out. I see an ankle surgeon on Tuesday and will see what he says:( . This is the short short version but I'm not going to post anything on the other forums but I did here because I really really NEED this group effort to lessen the load my foot/ankle have to carry. Thanks! It will all work out....one day at a time is familiar territory for me anyway. I hope everyone has a great week.

I hope it's okay if I join in here. Wow what an inspiration you are Sumorunner! Not just for your weight loss but for going after the excercise in such a determined way! I'm always so glad to see extreme excercise being done instead of us all laid up from our OHS surgeries.
Betty, I am sorry to hear you may be facing surgery. Can you do any water walking? I teach aquacise 6 hrs. a week and what got me into it was a Harvard study done on water walking that determined 30min. of walking in water was equivalent to walking on dryland for 2hrs.! Anytime I hear I can knock out 2 hrs. of excercise in 30 min, well, sign me right up. The reason it works so well is you are pushing 12x the force of air in the water; the reason one needs to cross train with aquacise is that it is non-weight bearing so you need to do something that is weight bearing as well. In your case, it may be less painful to get the excercise in the water. It is a fabulous place to heal knee, hip and shoulder replacements and it should never hurt you to work out in water. If you wear a float belt you can work out in the deep end of the pool and your feet will never touch except for going in and out of the pool. I found aquacise to be so wonderful and to do so much good for so many people that I got certified to teach it. If I sound a little biased and passionate about it, it's b/c that I am.
I have gained 20 lbs. since my surgery. Naturally, I've been blaming it all on coumadin, but I think the truth is that I've been angry about having to be on coumadin b/c I was told I had to be so restrictive with everything about it, so I've pushed it to the limit (given my rebellious nature) and now I'm trying to swing back from my extreme behavior into the center. I'm becoming less angry but still have a weigh to go...so tell me the "rules" about how to play here. Is all I really have to do is a banana a day? Sign me right on up!
hearfelt

Progress, perhaps???

After my post this morning I thought I was going to end up being a pig all day. I almost was. I had way more at lunch than normal. I then had a snack when I got home (almost always do, since we don't eat dinner until Nathan gets home at 8 and I eat lunch at 11). We are having a pot luck at work tomorrow, so around 6 I started cooking for that... Once I was done I started on fixing some dinner for myself (and Nathan if he chooses to eat it). I used leftovers from Thanksgiving and made a "turkey tortilla soup." It's still sitting on the stove... I drank a large glass of water while cooking and now I'm not hungry anymore! Hope Nathan is hungry (and in the mood for soup).

I imagine I'll end up eating some of it later, but I'm just not interested right now. And I didn't even snack as I made the food!

Still think I'm going to be up tomorrow for the weigh in, though. :(

Betty,
Way to go on the pound loss!!! I think it is a pure miracle to lose over the Thanksgiving week....very impressive. As we have said this is not going to happen over night. Several years ago I went from around 240 down to 175, why the heck I every let it get back on I'll never know. I really do but that's another story. But I was amazed at how many joint problems and pain disappeared (hip, in my case). I know I don't have near the issues you are having but I am with you 100%. I will hang with you until we get where we need to be one day at a time (I'm acquainted with that too).;)
Tom

Back