Cooker's ThrowDown Friday II ... 9-18-08

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Greetings ThrowDowners! ... I hope the has been a good week for everyone, gain, lose or draw! ... All I can say is sticking to plan works for me ... if your plan is not working re-evaluate and make the changes necessary for success ... Damn, that sounds like I ought to be wearing a cheerleader's outfit:rolleyes::p ... but that is what we are here for, to encourage and cheer one another on ... Have a great week of losing and moving:D .... I'm down 2.5 pounds this week:)

starting weight........233
Last Week...................211
This week....................208.5
Weekly Change............ -2.5
Total Loss......................24.5

Way to go, fearless Cheerleader!

I'm weighing tomorrow so maybe I can follow your lead?;):)

I'm up 2 lbs this week. After doing well by not gaining anything last week on vacation, I came back to several days of meetings at work where they kept force feeding me danish, bagels and croissants. Free lunch every day too. There's something about the company paying that makes it irresistible.

I'm up 2 lbs this week. After doing well by not gaining anything last week on vacation, I came back to several days of meetings at work where they kept force feeding me danish, bagels and croissants. Free lunch every day too. There's something about the company paying that makes it irresistible.

Jack, you made the correct decision ? To refuse free corporate provided snacks and meals would shift the earth on its axis which we all know would not be a good thing:eek: ? In my opinion you have taken one for the home team and saved the world from sure destruction and given our resident Super Hero a day off??;)

Jack,
It would be downright un-American to refuse free food supplied by the company, so I certainly understand the week's gain.;)

Jim, cardboard, huh?:rolleyes: I thought that was high in carbs . . . :p:p
Good job with the weight loss!:)

I lost a pound. I know it's better than gaining a pound, but it is slow going!

Jack,
It would be downright un-American to refuse free food supplied by the company, so I certainly understand the week's gain.;)

Jim, cardboard, huh?:rolleyes: I thought that was high in carbs . . . :p:p
Good job with the weight loss!:)

I lost a pound. I know it's better than gaining a pound, but it is slow going!

One pound down ..... good answer:D;)

Congrats to this week's losers. Jack, I guess someone has to keep the world in balance; it might as well be you.

In short, Cindy lost another .4 pounds; her total loss is 32.2 pounds.

Wise GAINED again, .8 pounds. The gain coming from what, I don't know. I guess it's residual fallout from birthday week. My total loss is 25 pounds.

If Cindy's and my personal competition was a real horse race, she'd be Winning Colors and I'd be Mr. Ed.:eek:

Officially I'm up .5 this week, but that is within the margin of error given the whopping big and yummy slice of deep dark chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream icing I ate Tuesday night. Gee, it would have been Rude to refuse. ;)

It was Jet's obedience instructor's birthday, and one of the students, a professional chef, made a groom's cake sized birthday cake. We ate one tier among 16 people, the bottom tier was untouched, and twice as large.
I think I've been on a sugar high ever since. BUT I did refrain from "lunch with the gals" on Wednesday in penance. It was worth it.

Congrats to this week's losers. Jack, I guess someone has to keep the world in balance; it might as well be you.

In short, Cindy lost another .4 pounds; her total loss is 32.2 pounds.

Wise GAINED again, .8 pounds. The gain coming from what, I don't know. I guess it's residual fallout from birthday week. My total loss is 25 pounds.

If Cindy's and my personal competition was a real horse race, she'd be Winning Colors and I'd be Mr. Ed.:eek:

Good job you two and thank goodness this is not a race ... I celebrated yesterday's weigh in with "some" Snicker bars and elected not to weigh today :p ... tomorrow morning WW weigh in may not be so good ... I find that chocolate sticks with me for a few days:(

Officially I'm up .5 this week, but that is within the margin of error given the whopping big and yummy slice of deep dark chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream icing I ate Tuesday night. Gee, it would have been Rude to refuse. ;)

It was Jet's obedience instructor's birthday, and one of the students, a professional chef, made a groom's cake sized birthday cake. We ate one tier among 16 people, the bottom tier was untouched, and twice as large.
I think I've been on a sugar high ever since. BUT I did refrain from "lunch with the gals" on Wednesday in penance. It was worth it.

Chimps love chocolate cake ... chocolate anything as far as that goes :D:D ... .5 pounds is within the error fudge factor of the scales ....:D

I haven't checked in for awhile...

I haven't checked in for awhile...

I'm still having computer problems, so I get to a computer when I can. I have been continuing my weight loss journey however. I weighed in last Mon night and had a 1.8 lb. loss for the week. That puts me at a total of 37.4 lbs off!:D I'll just keep plugging away at the rest of it. I've still got a loooong way to go.

I'm still having computer problems, so I get to a computer when I can. I have been continuing my weight loss journey however. I weighed in last Mon night and had a 1.8 lb. loss for the week. That puts me at a total of 37.4 lbs off!:D I'll just keep plugging away at the rest of it. I've still got a loooong way to go.

YAHOO:D:D:D ... Way to go Jeannie:D:D:D

Down another 2 but today was grey and cold and I snacked all day so I don't know what that will do for me tomorrow...guess I won't even look!!

Had my Syn-Visc shots in both knees starting this week (3 shots each, 1 each week for 3 weeks) and even though the shot isn't supposed to really help for 6 weeks, I always feel SO good after the first one..... I guess it was the 5cc's of fluid he takes out of each knee first. Doesn't sound like much fluid to me, but if it isn't supposed to be there, then I guess I should feel better with it gone.

So I'll be primed and in good form for exercising with non-hurting knees here shortly. This season seems to be my best for exercise....don't know why. Hope to get down at least 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Just need to keep moving!

Best wishes everyone.

Marguerite

Down another 2 but today was grey and cold and I snacked all day so I don't know what that will do for me tomorrow...guess I won't even look!!

Had my Syn-Visc shots in both knees starting this week (3 shots each, 1 each week for 3 weeks) and even though the shot isn't supposed to really help for 6 weeks, I always feel SO good after the first one..... I guess it was the 5cc's of fluid he takes out of each knee first. Doesn't sound like much fluid to me, but if it isn't supposed to be there, then I guess I should feel better with it gone.

So I'll be primed and in good form for exercising with non-hurting knees here shortly. This season seems to be my best for exercise....don't know why. Hope to get down at least 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Just need to keep moving!

Best wishes everyone.

Marguerite

Way to go on the two pounds:) ... I bet ya lose 12 by Thanksgiving:)

Thanks for inviting me in Cooker. Before I had my surgery in July 2005, I weighed 279 @6'3". After surgery I retained sooooooo much fluid I was over 300. I have worked hard to lose what I have. At one point I got down to 215 and was happy. My cardio said he would like me down to 190 to 200. I can't do it. I started feeling good so I cut back and began to support my wifes pregnancy ice cream addictions. Ughh put on a few. Now that I have to go through MVR it's time to start training. Sooooo her is my starting weight.

9/20 222lbs.

By the way cardboard has more flavor than rice cakes and has more fiber. If you want something exotic order something made in China and eat the packaging. Only problem is you want more an hour later.

Back